Resident Evil games details seemingly leaked via 4Chan...

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
As always, take this type of stuff with a grain of salt as it's all just speculation for now. The prefix menu isn't working for me for some reason, so I couldn't select anything.

This is the thread where the hearsay started.

I'll briefly add my thoughts on each game. Starting with them in order. So here goes...

Resident Evil Village

OK. No new DLC is coming, which makes Village a pretty meatless piece of Capcom chicken. Also, Rosemary Winters supposedly won't be playable in RE9 after all, as some people thought she would be. I would personally prefer it if Capcom acts like Ethan Winters isn't an important character anymore. He took up two mainline games. Which wouldn't have been so bad if he didn't have the personality of a wooden chair. Jesus H. Christ, was he dull!?

Resident Evil: Outrage

Rebecca Chambers is one of the original game's protagonists, and until Resident Evil: Vendetta, we hadn't seen much of Rebecca at all. So getting to play her again in a spinoff at long last should be cool. What makes this better, is the fact that Natalia Burton (previously Korda) is a student at the university where Rebecca works. Natalia was taken over by Resident Evil: Revelations 2's villain, Alex Wesker, so this should be a more interesting game than Village proved to be.

Resident Evil 4 (Remake)

Apparently, this ties into the upcoming Netflix series, Infinite Darkness. I'm kind of interested to know how this game will be darker than the original. But I personally see the original game as "the death of the franchise" in a sense, as the series was never the same after RE4 came out in 2005. However, RE4 is also a well loved game for the action, so on the plus side, it should be otherwise very enjoyable.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Not to be confused with the second live action film, by Paul Anderson, this game will supposedly reunite Chris, Jill, Claire and Leon for one last major war against bioweapons, and close the book on the veteran characters. But we'll have to wait until 2024 to find out just what is going to happen.

Anyway, that's all for now, people. Take care! :)

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back