Resident Evil 3 leaked - My personal thoughts

No thanks. I don't want to waste time on place where I have nothing to gain back.

Yeah the thing is that we tend to contribute but the upper management doesn't care about us. So can't create content for free while they enjoy life.

So maybe now would be the best time to say this.

I will be retiring from forums at the end of the year; I've wanted to give them up for a while anyway.

With the decline in activity on forums due to Facebook and all that pish, as well as some weirdos that inhabit some websites not making them fun much any longer, I've decided that now is the time to focus on real life endeavours. I'll miss posting on forums, but I found that in recent years, they were annoying me more than ever.

Best regards.

Honestly I hardly discuss games on facebook or even reddit. I mostly check out the forums. For me they just work out lot better than the data feeder facebook.

I prefer forums to Facebook too.

Forums were way more active around 2004 during the MySpace era. After Facebook and Twitter grew in popularity, forums ended up 'dying off' in a sense. It's sad to see that happening, as like you said, message boards are more enjoyable. They also have a neater interface.

Facebook hardly has conversations where we can get much info. Also search is bad we can't check previous posts easily. have to scroll and click a lot.

I'm only on it to look for work in films. I don't really add anyone as a friend on it. I'll be closing it down in a matter of days.

I got into trouble once because of my religious views. These days companies don't like people with religious views, they want left wing liberals. So I never add work place people in it.

Both of them look hot. I think such character mapping has definitely worked out for many games. I liked both of them.

I'm hoping that the zombies will be weaker, to compensate for the fact that Nemesis will be super strong. Not because I'm a pansy or anything, but those zombies in Resident Evil 2 were hardcore, and I can see this being a way harder game. That's one game where shooting them in the head with handgun bullets has no major effect.

I don't even want to see any new game footage for further trailers from here on until the game gets released in April. These trailers are way too spoiler heavy for me. When they had that demo for the previous game, it was like half an hour long, and a lot was shown as well. People often assume that what occurs in a demo doesn't matter, because a demo is often said to not be indicative of the final product, which I think is something they say to try and scam people. This usually always turns out to be incorrect.

Like I said a week ago, I'm intending to quit all forums by the end of the year, as I've lost interest in message boards and online communities in general. Not that I hate this site or anything, and I hope JoyFreak grows. I'm just fed up of being associated with certain people now, and I have to be careful with who I talk to online, especially after undergoing a lot of bother from multiple trolls over the last decade and a half. It all started back in 2003.

One thing I dislike about actual Resident Evil forums, is that the users suck up to Capcom too much, and make a lot of excuses for them. Nothing I post seems to drive home the point anyway. And while I like Capcom too, I've not always been impressed with some of their business decisions, but I understand their reasons behind some of what they did in the past, so that the franchise is still a thing today. Maybe they had to make those changes, whether people like it or not. This doesn't mean that a fan like me who supports the company and buys their products, will appreciate what they've did from time to time. I'm still cautious of them as a company.

I am excited for future games. I really want to be optimistic, but a part of me continues to feel concerned about where this is truly heading. And this is just how I feel, but I think they're only doing remakes of the classic titles mostly because they're still trying to come up with new ideas for sequels that are actually their own ideas. People might think I'm being impatient, but I've not seen an original sequel from Capcom since Resident Evil 6 came out, and even that was a Call of Duty clone.

Well, what about Revelations 2 and 7: Biohazard? Those were the last few sequels. What about those?

OK, for a start, 7: Biohazard is a sequel. That part is true. But it didn't really have many things in it that made it feel like a proper part of the series when seen from a general standpoint. Chris looks like ass now, with this RE Engine commotion, and not only that, the game was a horror game that basically ripped off stuff from popular horror movies, and it also felt like a bad repeat of Silent Hill 2. So you could say that Capcom essentially cut and paste stuff from horror titles that are already established, and then they shamelessly tried to pass all this off as them making it up themselves, without giving credit where it was due. This was not their own ideas. They also did the same thing with Revelations 2.

While I'm actually really fond of Revelations 2, that doesn't change the fact that they ripped off Naughty Dog. It's essentially a clone of The Last of Us. I've made so many threads on other forums bringing this stuff up, but they did copy Naughty Dog's game. In these topics, I even stated everything that made it a rip off, and they either didn't know what I was talking about, or they didn't care. They think the world of Capcom, and that's fine. That's their own opinions, which they are entitled to have. I'm not going to shit in their bowl of porridge oats over their opinions. Sometimes though, I feel like I'm the only guy left in the entire Resident Evil online community who understands what Capcom does behind people's backs, and it's like they maybe do know what I'm referring to at times, but they probably just don't care since it's something Capcom made. But I did find that kind of odd how I pointed that out on other forums a fair amount of times, and yet they didn't really know what I was getting at.

I mean, you've got this boss, right? It's basically the same boss. They just gave it a slightly different design and a different name. But, yeah. It was practically the same boss, and you fight it in a not too dissimilar fashion, and I'm like what the heck are you playing at, Capcom? Plus, the story is very similar too. You've got this orphan who looks up to a man as a father figure, and the crafting system you use to make new items is the same too. What really convinced me it is a rip off though, is the extra content where you play as Moira Burton in the winter, when she is separated from Claire, and she has to put up with this older man called Evgeny, taunting her over her survival skills. If you've played the game, you may recall it was around the time that Claire and Moira tried to escape from a lab in a tall building, after Alex Winter shot herself, and the place was starting to fall apart, and you ended up on a narrow ledge trying to reach the exit. At the end, Moira got trapped under a pile of rubble while Claire was rescued after jumping into the ocean.

Like, I had the PS3 version of The Last of Us in my collection for ages. I didn't play the game at all until I bought the HD release, and right away I knew I'd seen all of this stuff somewhere before. That's when it dawned on me. Capcom really needs to give props to Naughty Dog for stealing their ideas. I'm into The Last of Us just as much as I am with the Resident Evil series, but I ain't the kind of person that likes to make excuses when a company deliberately pinches other people's ideas, and whatnot. This is why I'm very concerned that maybe Capcom cannot come up with anything new that they didn't steal from others, for future games that aren't remakes. Hopefully other fans notice this too, and it's not just me who is aware of this happening. If I'm the only person who notices these things, then that's kind of alarming. We've got a whole community of people that ought to know when Capcom steals ideas from other games, but they may not know or they're just not very observant. That just kind of gets to me sometimes.

Hey Guys I'm Ash from Newcastle. New to the forum.

Big Resident Evil fan. Now I hear what your are saying The Saunders Child.

Here is my opinion on the later Resident Evil games.

Up until Resident Evil 6 I generally enjoyed all of them. 1-3 brilliant. Code Veronica good as well. Survivor was pretty shit. Re4 and Re5 I enjoyed but sad to see them go more towards action than survival horror. Re6 just bored me to death! Hated it. So boring.

Re7 so good! I think they gave the series the kicking it deserved. Re2 remake again I thought was brilliant. Really looking forward to the new re3. I also really enjoyed the RE remake. Re zero was fun but no save boxes was kinda annoying.

For me as long as they stick to the survival horror aspect that made the series a hit in the first place I'm happy. I'm not really into all the spin off games but I think since 7 and re2 remake they have been onto a winner.

I think the eventual RE8 will be decent especially if VR is involved.

I have faith lol

Well, we have less than 2 months to go until this is released. Curiously, Capcom seems to have shown off more gameplay for that bland spin off than they have for this game. It also appears that Jill is also really a man. :sneaky:

Well, we have less than 2 months to go until this is released. Curiously, Capcom seems to have shown off more gameplay for that bland spin off than they have for this game. It also appears that Jill is also really a man. :sneaky:
Kind of gives that vibe when we see women in action roles isn't it. Too bad that stereotype would never go. Because strong women don't sign up for military draft :p

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back