Resident Evil 3 - Review Thread

Nat

Trophies
resident-evil-3-remake-jill-carlos-nemesis-uhdpaper.com-4K-7.610-wp.thumbnail.jpg

Metacritic - 80
OpenCritic - 81

IGN - 9/10
With a sublimely detailed world and breakneck survival-horror gameplay, Resident Evil 3 is just as good as its 2019 predecessor. More, please!
PushSquare - 7/10
Resident Evil 3 had the potential to better its classic predecessor, but a disappointing amount of cut content and the let down that is Nemesis hold it back from greatness. It's still an experience very much worth revisiting, with Raccoon City and the hospital receiving a lot of love and attention, however, it only makes us question what could have been that little bit more.
Game Informer - 9/10
With this remake, Capcom has greatly improved one of my least-loved entries in the series. Resident Evil 3’s greater focus on action affords you fewer opportunities to stop and think, but Jill's adventure is an incredible thrill ride. From the first moment that Nemesis burst through the wall and reached out with one of his tendrils, I felt my heart begin to race. I don’t think it slowed down again until the credits rolled.

PCGamer - 58/100
Both the Nemesis and Raccoon City are massively underused in this disappointing step back for the series.
Playstation Trophies/Xbox Achievements - 85/100
Short it may be, but Resident Evil 3 is also delightfully sweet. Or as sweet as a survival horror game possibly can be, anyway. Pared back, streamlined and completely brilliant, you'll have a blast outrunning Nemesis all over again.
PSU - 8/10
Resident Evil 3 is another stunning-looking revamp from Capcom that effortlessly manages to switch between tension-packed moments of genuine horror and bombastic action set pieces. It’s just a shame that some questionable changes were made from the original and there isn’t more bang for your buck in terms of post-completion content.
GamerZone - 75/100
While enjoyable and filled with plenty to enjoy, Resident Evil 3 unfortunately feels like an uneven mishmash of horror and action. It wants to do two things at once and while it does them in a passable way, it doesn't always feel like it reaches its full potential especially when following in the footsteps of Resident Evil 2 Remake.
digit.in - 9/10
But what is here, along with the subtle changes, is enough to keep you hooked throughout the journey.
VG247 - 3/5
It’s still worth playing, but Resident Evil 3 Remake is a step backwards for Capcom, coming off the back of one of the best games of last year. It’s gorgeous to look at, the jump scares will get you, and it’s like stepping into a comfy pair of slippers. But even though your feet are cosy, it never feels like home.
GameKult - 8/10

ArcTechnia
If you want a memorable action video game, RE3 Remake will deliver—albeit briefly. If you want that action coupled with cheesy, relatable humanity, on the other hand, RE2 Remake is a better bet, if not a dive into your favorite binge-worthy zombie TV series.
Sagagamer - 8/10
Resident Evil 3 remains a fantastically well-made game with a ton of great action. While it does fall a bit short compared to what RE2 offered, it still does give enough content to keep you entertained, even if for only seven hours. It does encourage multiple playthroughs, and while hardcore fans will relish the opportunity, the are others who will be disappointed that it is over so soon.
GameSpot (Review in Progress) - 6/10
While it has a strong start and gives its principal villain some great moments, this truncated retelling of the concluding game from the original Resident Evil trilogy doesn't do it proper justice.
Noisy Pixels - 9/10
Resident Evil 3 is a heart-pounding nightmare that blends survival horror and action elements perfectly with the help of its two protagonists. There’s so much to explore and discover during every moment of this thriller that it’s easy to forget about the horrors that await just around the corner. However, the limited puzzles and short length make it tough to justify the full price. But, like a zombie hungry for brains, I can’t seem to get enough of this game.
CriticalHit - 8.5/10
Resident Evil 3 Remake continues to the raise the bar of what it means to be a remake. It can feel rushed in places, but the sheer terror of Nemesis and the return to form of Jill Valentine makes it an experience you don’t want to miss. Just be sure to bring extra clean underwear along for the ride.
GamesReactor Spain - 8/10
The strange brother, the different one, the least popular. But no second, since it is very clear how it is and what it offers, and as such it has returned. Much more attractive and more benefited by the new control and the camera. A short but very intense horror action game, one of those that ask you to snort long and deep as soon as it's finished.

Well...I won't lie. After having just been on YouTube, I actually think from what I've seen, that this game is utter dog shit. I just seen a lot of gameplay of it on YouTube, due to early releases in countries like France. I've seen a big chunk of it, including the ending. Just...wow.

I won't go into any specific details, but it's majorly disappointing in pretty much every aspect. In fact, it could very well be even worse than RE2 when it's all said and done.

But I'm not being a hater. I mean, this game is just...bland. The game isn't scary at all. The dialogue is bad. And all of the classic scenes are gone. Practically all of them are like a bus crash now. I felt compelled to rant about it, in fact, being sure to label my video with spoilers. That's how bad it is.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back