What's new
POE Currency

Resident Evil 3 leaked - My personal thoughts

It has finally been leaked, so expect to see it at Jump Festa later on this month.

🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

😎

My personal thoughts, are that Jill looks great, but Carlos looks rather strange. I wasn't really expecting Nemesis to look like his 1999 counterpart either, considering Mr. X, "Gonna give it 2 ya!" was also radically altered, with his dumb fedora hat...

I'm guessing the gun powder from the RE 2 remake will feature again, even though, yes... I know that was in the original 1999 version of 3: Nemesis. The producer talked about it in a video once, and failed to say it was from 1999 instead of 2019. But yeah, that just goes to show that it's probably unlikely that anybody from the original Capcom team is even involved with the development of the new games that they're producing under the RE Engine, if I were to say so myself.

OP
OP
I'm not holding my breath to see the Hunters in, or certain other enemies. In the prior remake, they omitted the spiders, the crows, the (original) plants, and a lot more creatures were left out, as well as a lot of locations and more. It was a good game, but also vastly disappointing when you compare it to the original 1998 masterpiece.

For example, when Leon and Ada take the cable car to the lab, it wasn't that creepy or suspenseful at all.

Nova

I think the amount of effort in this remaster would be revealed soon enough. I am guessing sounds would play part.

OP
OP
The thing is, these millennials don't have a clue about what made the franchise great in the first place. The previous remake was decent, but practically faithless.

They never even mentioned anything about 'the mansion incident' from the first game, and Brad never appeared as a zombie. While I don't care about alternate costumes, these were actually unlocked in the original game, as opposed to getting them by advance ordering the base game or buying downloadable content. And like I said, tons of the original creatures DO NOT appear in the remake.

Another thing that was dumb, to say the least, was that the A and B scenarios never really felt unique. They repeated boss fights and everything. It just felt severely lacking, and the extra modes were just kind of tacked on. Also, the addition of the original soundtrack hardly made a dent either, as the volume is so low and plays out of sync as well.

It could have been way better. It's not even about the "RE Engine" or the camera angles at all, like many people often claim. Even though Leon does look too cute when compared to his 1998 counterpart.

Meh. 🧐

OP
OP
I think Nemesis will probably be like Arnie too, firing bullets everywhere. 😂

Nothing is gonna stop this bad boy from getting his Jill sandwich. 🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️

OP
OP
Nemesis apparently won't be in the title, so the game is just called RE3. Ah, that's BS. 💩

Come on, now. With a name like "Nemesis", Capcom has got to have a punchline for their game. 👊

xenonVirus

Heating things up
Nemesis apparently won't be in the title, so the game is just called RE3. Ah, that's BS. 💩
Seriously? Capcom kinda missed the mark on that one... it was quite an opportunity they had, and they just gave it up. :confused:

xenonVirus. Never actually played Resident Evil, just watched a lot of YouTube videos on it. :unsure:

OP
OP
I'm not expecting much from this franchise any longer, and once these remakes stop, I don't know what they will do when it comes to sequels, and their spin off games are already utterly crap, so I'm ruling those out now when it comes to making the series better.

For years, Capcom have just been throwing different shit at the wall to see if it sticks. The plot hardly makes any sense now, and any references they put in that mention prior events are just their way of reminding people of when the series was at its best. But they cannot do a game like the original trilogy, as they haven't got the knack for that nowadays.

They already made a lot of sequels in the style of Call of Duty, but the series wasn't supposed to be like that, and so these particular entries have normally disappointed even the most die hard of fans. The reason Capcom made the games about action in the first place, was because the original remake was a critical success, but it wasn't a commercial success in that it didn't sell a lot of units, and companies rely on making money.

Somehow, in 2005, Capcom struck gold with Resident Evil 4. The game didn't really feel like a true part of the series, though, but it won over a lot of people... for a while. After that, we just got the same dish served up to us for like a decade. It took Capcom over 15 years to understand that this move towards shooting was upsetting the fans. Then with Silent Hills getting cancelled, they just did their own similar game, and put the Resident Evil name on the cover to sell it. But here's the thing: I know if you took out all the tiny references and whatnot, you could be forgiven for thinking it was not a sequel at all.

I also noticed that Resident Evil: Revelations 2 was a blatant copy of The Last of Us. While I did enjoy that game, and I appreciated the fact that Capcom made Barry a playable character, it still felt like a kick in the nuts, because Capcom essentially copied another company's mega-selling title. After that, I began to suspect that Capcom didn't have much juice left in the tank, and I want to think they know what they're doing, but I feel like they're now a one trick pony, relying on nostalgia to get by. Because like I said, they are doing good with remakes, but once they cannot remake any more of the original games, what will happen next?

Part of me knows that Capcom has been unsure of how to go forward, so the last several sequels have ripped off other games and also movies, and I feel like these remakes are just a way to grab everyone's attention, because the old games are so legendary, and of course people will get excited for a remake. But the thing is, remakes, even if they are good, don't really mean anything, since they don't move the story ahead in any real capacity. Usually, they are not even intended to be canonical either, so they come across as being more like "fan service" type games instead of proper games that will go somewhere in the timeline.

Even if this next remake is very successful, I feel like it will be a game that people would want to play for a month, wait on the extra content, and then forget about it down the road. I'd rather play the original RE 2 every single day of the year, than play the 2019 updated hack job.

The RE 2 remake was really nothing special. I knew it was not going to be able to topple the first remake, which is still arguably the best survival horror game ever made. But as hard as they tried, Capcom dropped the ball with a lot of aspects of that game. They left out so many enemies and more, and it was hardly anything like the 2002 remake. What made the 2002 remake so good, was that it stayed faithful to the original, while improving it. Unlike the 2019 remake, it subtracted nothing. That's the thing. I'm really not expecting the next remake to be faithful either, giving what happened with 2, and Project Resistance looks horrible.

xenonVirus

Heating things up
Then again, gaming sequels aren't that great unless they have a good story to back them up. I also agree with you that RE 3 is sort of a cash grab. I'd take RE and even RE 2 over RE 3 any day... if I could actually buy it.

xenonVirus. Kind of sad how so many gaming sequels end up being company cashgrabs.

OP
OP
That's kind of why I said on Fandom, that I don't want The Last of Us to end up as big of a franchise as Resident Evil. Once that happens, you know they will just milk it for all it is worth and spoil greatness. I also love Days Gone, and in my opinion, that game is awesome and plays very similarly to The Last of Us as well. And yeah, I know it has its flaws, but I had so much fun with that game around Easter. I'll definitely play it again in the new year!

Many horror film franchises that are still listed as being among the best of all-time, were ruined nonetheless with inferior sequels. Sometimes a series can go on forever like Final Fantasy, because the stories aren't always interconnected, and each game alone is wonderfully made, so fans can still maintain enthusiasm for having further entries. But with games that have an arc, they end up just making them kind of ridiculously drawn out, and with Resident Evil, the core stuff has already been used up long ago.

Wesker is gone. Umbrella is gone. Umbrella may be supposedly returning and they are good now, but I feel like that blue Umbrella story from 7: Biohazard is kind of just being forced upon us. Many characters are seldom seen anymore. You cannot count remakes (since the story is essentially being recycled from a prior title) and games set in-between the main series like the Chronicles or Revelations side story games, should not really be counted either. They're not 'new' stories, as such. They may show the player things that are going on between the main games, but they are normally set before a main entry, so in a manner of speaking, we still haven't seen Jill since Resident Evil 5, even though the very first Revelations game was released in 2012. The setting for that game is around the time they set up the BSAA in 2005, but with RE 5, it was set in either 2008 or 2009. So in other words, Jill and Chris' adventures in that game make it a prequel.

I'm sure this remake will be great, but I still think it will be a game that you'll enjoy for a month or so, then it will not be worth going back to. That's just how I feel. Maybe I'll be wrong. I hope so. But I just know that Capcom is depending too much on nostalgia, and revisiting their past array of titles.

OP
OP
I hope they don't have another demo again, but they probably will. That one they released in respect of RE 2 showed a fair bit of the game, and it kind of ruined the surprise element.

Nova

No thanks. I don't want to waste time on place where I have nothing to gain back.

Nova

Yeah the thing is that we tend to contribute but the upper management doesn't care about us. So can't create content for free while they enjoy life.

OP
OP
So maybe now would be the best time to say this.

I will be retiring from forums at the end of the year; I've wanted to give them up for a while anyway.

With the decline in activity on forums due to Facebook and all that pish, as well as some weirdos that inhabit some websites not making them fun much any longer, I've decided that now is the time to focus on real life endeavours. I'll miss posting on forums, but I found that in recent years, they were annoying me more than ever.

Best regards.

Nova

Honestly I hardly discuss games on facebook or even reddit. I mostly check out the forums. For me they just work out lot better than the data feeder facebook.

OP
OP
I prefer forums to Facebook too.

Forums were way more active around 2004 during the MySpace era. After Facebook and Twitter grew in popularity, forums ended up 'dying off' in a sense. It's sad to see that happening, as like you said, message boards are more enjoyable. They also have a neater interface.

Nova

Facebook hardly has conversations where we can get much info. Also search is bad we can't check previous posts easily. have to scroll and click a lot.

OP
OP
I'm only on it to look for work in films. I don't really add anyone as a friend on it. I'll be closing it down in a matter of days.

Nova

I got into trouble once because of my religious views. These days companies don't like people with religious views, they want left wing liberals. So I never add work place people in it.

Nova

Both of them look hot. I think such character mapping has definitely worked out for many games. I liked both of them.

OP
OP
I'm hoping that the zombies will be weaker, to compensate for the fact that Nemesis will be super strong. Not because I'm a pansy or anything, but those zombies in Resident Evil 2 were hardcore, and I can see this being a way harder game. That's one game where shooting them in the head with handgun bullets has no major effect.

I don't even want to see any new game footage for further trailers from here on until the game gets released in April. These trailers are way too spoiler heavy for me. When they had that demo for the previous game, it was like half an hour long, and a lot was shown as well. People often assume that what occurs in a demo doesn't matter, because a demo is often said to not be indicative of the final product, which I think is something they say to try and scam people. This usually always turns out to be incorrect.

Like I said a week ago, I'm intending to quit all forums by the end of the year, as I've lost interest in message boards and online communities in general. Not that I hate this site or anything, and I hope JoyFreak grows. I'm just fed up of being associated with certain people now, and I have to be careful with who I talk to online, especially after undergoing a lot of bother from multiple trolls over the last decade and a half. It all started back in 2003.

One thing I dislike about actual Resident Evil forums, is that the users suck up to Capcom too much, and make a lot of excuses for them. Nothing I post seems to drive home the point anyway. And while I like Capcom too, I've not always been impressed with some of their business decisions, but I understand their reasons behind some of what they did in the past, so that the franchise is still a thing today. Maybe they had to make those changes, whether people like it or not. This doesn't mean that a fan like me who supports the company and buys their products, will appreciate what they've did from time to time. I'm still cautious of them as a company.

I am excited for future games. I really want to be optimistic, but a part of me continues to feel concerned about where this is truly heading. And this is just how I feel, but I think they're only doing remakes of the classic titles mostly because they're still trying to come up with new ideas for sequels that are actually their own ideas. People might think I'm being impatient, but I've not seen an original sequel from Capcom since Resident Evil 6 came out, and even that was a Call of Duty clone.

Well, what about Revelations 2 and 7: Biohazard? Those were the last few sequels. What about those?

OK, for a start, 7: Biohazard is a sequel. That part is true. But it didn't really have many things in it that made it feel like a proper part of the series when seen from a general standpoint. Chris looks like ass now, with this RE Engine commotion, and not only that, the game was a horror game that basically ripped off stuff from popular horror movies, and it also felt like a bad repeat of Silent Hill 2. So you could say that Capcom essentially cut and paste stuff from horror titles that are already established, and then they shamelessly tried to pass all this off as them making it up themselves, without giving credit where it was due. This was not their own ideas. They also did the same thing with Revelations 2.

While I'm actually really fond of Revelations 2, that doesn't change the fact that they ripped off Naughty Dog. It's essentially a clone of The Last of Us. I've made so many threads on other forums bringing this stuff up, but they did copy Naughty Dog's game. In these topics, I even stated everything that made it a rip off, and they either didn't know what I was talking about, or they didn't care. They think the world of Capcom, and that's fine. That's their own opinions, which they are entitled to have. I'm not going to shit in their bowl of porridge oats over their opinions. Sometimes though, I feel like I'm the only guy left in the entire Resident Evil online community who understands what Capcom does behind people's backs, and it's like they maybe do know what I'm referring to at times, but they probably just don't care since it's something Capcom made. But I did find that kind of odd how I pointed that out on other forums a fair amount of times, and yet they didn't really know what I was getting at.

I mean, you've got this boss, right? It's basically the same boss. They just gave it a slightly different design and a different name. But, yeah. It was practically the same boss, and you fight it in a not too dissimilar fashion, and I'm like what the heck are you playing at, Capcom? Plus, the story is very similar too. You've got this orphan who looks up to a man as a father figure, and the crafting system you use to make new items is the same too. What really convinced me it is a rip off though, is the extra content where you play as Moira Burton in the winter, when she is separated from Claire, and she has to put up with this older man called Evgeny, taunting her over her survival skills. If you've played the game, you may recall it was around the time that Claire and Moira tried to escape from a lab in a tall building, after Alex Winter shot herself, and the place was starting to fall apart, and you ended up on a narrow ledge trying to reach the exit. At the end, Moira got trapped under a pile of rubble while Claire was rescued after jumping into the ocean.

Like, I had the PS3 version of The Last of Us in my collection for ages. I didn't play the game at all until I bought the HD release, and right away I knew I'd seen all of this stuff somewhere before. That's when it dawned on me. Capcom really needs to give props to Naughty Dog for stealing their ideas. I'm into The Last of Us just as much as I am with the Resident Evil series, but I ain't the kind of person that likes to make excuses when a company deliberately pinches other people's ideas, and whatnot. This is why I'm very concerned that maybe Capcom cannot come up with anything new that they didn't steal from others, for future games that aren't remakes. Hopefully other fans notice this too, and it's not just me who is aware of this happening. If I'm the only person who notices these things, then that's kind of alarming. We've got a whole community of people that ought to know when Capcom steals ideas from other games, but they may not know or they're just not very observant. That just kind of gets to me sometimes.

Ashwildthorn

Hey Guys I'm Ash from Newcastle. New to the forum.

Big Resident Evil fan. Now I hear what your are saying The Saunders Child.

Here is my opinion on the later Resident Evil games.

Up until Resident Evil 6 I generally enjoyed all of them. 1-3 brilliant. Code Veronica good as well. Survivor was pretty shit. Re4 and Re5 I enjoyed but sad to see them go more towards action than survival horror. Re6 just bored me to death! Hated it. So boring.

Re7 so good! I think they gave the series the kicking it deserved. Re2 remake again I thought was brilliant. Really looking forward to the new re3. I also really enjoyed the RE remake. Re zero was fun but no save boxes was kinda annoying.

For me as long as they stick to the survival horror aspect that made the series a hit in the first place I'm happy. I'm not really into all the spin off games but I think since 7 and re2 remake they have been onto a winner.

I think the eventual RE8 will be decent especially if VR is involved.

I have faith lol

OP
OP
Well, we have less than 2 months to go until this is released. Curiously, Capcom seems to have shown off more gameplay for that bland spin off than they have for this game. It also appears that Jill is also really a man. :sneaky:

Nova

Well, we have less than 2 months to go until this is released. Curiously, Capcom seems to have shown off more gameplay for that bland spin off than they have for this game. It also appears that Jill is also really a man. :sneaky:
Kind of gives that vibe when we see women in action roles isn't it. Too bad that stereotype would never go. Because strong women don't sign up for military draft :p

OP
OP
This is too funny! :LOL:

They better fix that crap before the day 1 launch.

Also, my phone is acting like a real piece of shite today. It is so slow. 🤨

Nova

I am sure they will fix it. From the looks of it does not sounds like the final release plus too much flickering issue in those videos.

OP
OP
OK. I have to ask something about the RE Engine excuses Capcom have made...

How is Carlos looking more like Chris, than Chris himself? Chris isn't a blonde. Carlos has black hair. But he looks odd now, since he never had a beard in the original. And Jill's model doesn't even look like her real-life self, except when Julia Voth played her, Jill resembled Julia.

I don't get that at all. The guy who plays Chris in 7: Biohazard is also too young. Chris is probably around the age of 55 by this point. It's very disappointing.

Nova

Hahha. That should not be an excuse though. Design excuses are not excusable. I can understand about effects and code. But facial expression and looks, that's design disaster. Capcpm or for that matter their sister companies who work on it should be held accountable.

OP
OP
At last! Capcom has shown off some gameplay. We get to see Nemesis chasing Jill, and some other creatures in Raccoon City.

🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️

Tags
resident evil 3
POE Currency