Resident Evil 2 Remake - It's Happening!

Nerdface

I absolutely can't wait for this.

Huge fan of the original Resident Evil 2, it's one of the first games I played on my PlayStation, and have completed it a handful of times.

Admittedly I've fallen somewhat behind in the franchise. I never finished Resident Evil 4 and have hardly touched any of the newer games since then, but finished all the main games prior to 4 (excluding the "Survivor" games, they were terrible).

Reactions: Carbon and LividJay
OP
OP
LividJay

LividJay

I absolutely can't wait for this.

Huge fan of the original Resident Evil 2, it's one of the first games I played on my PlayStation, and have completed it a handful of times.

Admittedly I've fallen somewhat behind in the franchise. I never finished Resident Evil 4 and have hardly touched any of the newer games since then, but finished all the main games prior to 4 (excluding the "Survivor" games, they were terrible).
Same, I think the last I played was 3 and haven't played again since. I thought 7 was...interesting...but seemed really short (again, didn't play it, but watched some streams of its game play).

Nerdface

I found Resident Evil 3 very disappointing in comparison :(

Thankfully Code Veronica was a vast improvement, and I actually found it quite challenging in places. I've only finished it once..

Reactions: LividJay
OP
OP
LividJay

LividJay

Thankfully Code Veronica was a vast improvement, and I actually found it quite challenging in places. I've only finished it once..
Indeed. I have high hopes for this remake. Should be awesome!

Nerdface

Wow, just got around to watching the trailer. Wow. It looks incredible.

I had no idea it was due out so soon.. I'll be picking this up for sure!

Lifespot

I liked resident evil 3, but I didn't like code veronica.

Resident evil 2 was by far the best though!

mcnasci24

I cannot wait! Resident Evil video games will always have a special place in my heart, and Resident Evil 2 is right at the top for me.

Heatman

I'm definitely interested in the remake of Resident Evil because it's such a wonderful game.

Just like other games that it's remake are out and they are very good, I'm pretty sure this one too would be nice.

The first time I read about this Resident Evil remake I thought it was a lie (one of my friends called to tell me the news... and I was in college at tha moment). I've been waiting for it so long for this, that my eyes weren't believing it was real, haha!

My expectations when it comes to this remake are the greatest possible. Considering the fact that I'm a big fan of the franchise, I'm hoping they'll do a phenomenal job with this game.

Dekaron

Wow! This is absolutely amazing. Can't wait for the release, is it out now? This is really one of my favorite game on the Playstation platform. I even downloaded the PC version of the game so I can play it on PC while my sons are using the Playstation

Jelineex

I would love to play the Resident Evil ( Remake ) aside from it's disgusting bloody cinematic effect. It's interesting to go on and survive every phase of challenge. It will keep me alive and scared in some instance. ( Ha.Ha.Ha ) I don't wanna to be with the zombies but I want to fry them. It's a nice interactive game. I am mentally and emotionally challenge.

DrillPhil

It happened :p but that is ok.

Its great its pretty much the best remake i have seen like ever i've only managed to get a couple of hours on it so far and it really seems like playing the old game but its not being limited by the ps1's old ass gfx's and tank controls that make you feel like a drunk trashcan who somehow found out about walking from a 50 year old comic book that someone tossed into him.

Mora

Bueatifull, the best thing about this game is the story ligne, one the best i've ever seen that's thing I look for the most when searching for a new game to play, a good story that can draw you in and make me feel like I'm watching a serie, even better feeling a part of it.

I read that they are already starting to work on the 3rd one.
In fact, I think that wouldn't come as a surprise, would it? As we might expect (at least the most loyal fans), the current game will be a success and a sequel is certainly already in the company's plans.

They increase the quality of everything as they struggle for more money, haha!

Lizardbro

In fact, I think that wouldn't come as a surprise, would it? As we might expect (at least the most loyal fans), the current game will be a success and a sequel is certainly already in the company's plans.

They increase the quality of everything as they struggle for more money, haha!
Very true. Though I do wonder if they will try to make a Dino Crisis Remake at one point.

Very true. Though I do wonder if they will try to make a Dino Crisis Remake at one point.
Dino Crisis? Oh God! What a good time I had playing this game!

Honestly, I've already thought so much about this remake that after so long without any clue I have to confess that I've already given up hope (but deep in my heart, I still wait for that day, haha!).

Lizardbro

Dino Crisis? Oh God! What a good time I had playing this game!

Honestly, I've already thought so much about this remake that after so long without any clue I have to confess that I've already given up hope (but deep in my heart, I still wait for that day, haha!).
Well, who knows, with so many remakes being out, it will be a matter of time until Dino Crisis get a reboot. Just hope the gameplay and story is on point. I just hope if a remake does come the more hardcore dinosaur fans don't thrash on the game because of the design of the dinos. I know they aren't accurate but I still love them, they have that whole awesome, alien/reptilian look to them.

Well, who knows, with so many remakes being out, it will be a matter of time until Dino Crisis get a reboot. Just hope the gameplay and story is on point. I just hope if a remake does come the more hardcore dinosaur fans don't thrash on the game because of the design of the dinos. I know they aren't accurate but I still love them, they have that whole awesome, alien/reptilian look to them.
Like any other game, Dino Crisis also had its flaws..

Particularly speaking, I never bothered much with them because what attracted me most in the game wasn't the technical aspect, but the mysterious atmosphere that the game exhaled. It always drew my attention the power of the game to captivate the player by the quality of the story and its characters (not just the graphics).

Lizardbro

Like any other game, Dino Crisis also had its flaws..

Particularly speaking, I never bothered much with them because what attracted me most in the game wasn't the technical aspect, but the mysterious atmosphere that the game exhaled. It always drew my attention the power of the game to captivate the player by the quality of the story and its characters (not just the graphics).
Exactly, that bit of mystery as well as hints of supernatural/ science gone wrong sort of helps make games like this worth checking up. I think there are times where we need to stop being hyper critical with games with a basic enough premise and just enjoy them.

Exactly, that bit of mystery as well as hints of supernatural/ science gone wrong sort of helps make games like this worth checking up. I think there are times where we need to stop being hyper critical with games with a basic enough premise and just enjoy them.
Yeah, I agree with you.

Basically... That's happens a lot with the current games. Many players are turning from being players to being video game critics. Of course we can't be blind to the more obvious mistakes, but to criticize everything rather than to have fun playing (which is the real purpose of it) is a waste of time.

leadtech

I'm excited on this game to release... Does this remake still have the same story ? or different ? or they just improve the graphics to times more better than the old one ?

OP
OP
LividJay

LividJay

I'm excited on this game to release... Does this remake still have the same story ? or different ? or they just improve the graphics to times more better than the old one ?
Check this out: Resident Evil 2 remake: Free extra mode coming as downloadable content
According to Capcom's press release, the "game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom's proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game."

phanuruch

Resident Evil 2 remake is out and sizzling hot just like the original game, only that the remake is a better version of the1998 one. I am still wrapping my brains around it after a few hours but I can tell you its as good as Resident Evil can be. If you liked the original game, you will definitely love the remake.

egghead

I am not a fan of Resident Evil, in fact, I kind of dislike Resident Evil, the game as well as the movie. I did watch one movie and tried to play the game, however, I did no enjoy this.

I am not a fan of Resident Evil, in fact, I kind of dislike Resident Evil, the game as well as the movie. I did watch one movie and tried to play the game, however, I did no enjoy this.
Can I give you some advice?

Play it again! But be aware of the details because many players end up not liking Residen Evil at first glance precisely because they were frustrated that they had lost several key details.

Nova

I think as far as the remake goes this was the best game that was released. I kind of expected more good games. But based on what I have seen so far the graphics is stunning. And you are going to be hooked to the gameplay. It's not hard but it's definitely something you may have to play to experience it.

Lizardbro

Was it the story of the game that really turned you away or the gameplay itself?

Nova

In terms of gameplay it was superb. I mean come on. That much depth in graphics is not a bad for remake. It may be possible that story and the level of difficulty was not that high. But the graphics was definitely spot on. And you have to understand that these days such games are rare for a remake.

OP
OP
LividJay

LividJay

I've now beat the game as both Claire (bae) and Leon. They really did a great job with this game. I highly recommend.

Reactions: Carbon

Nova

I think they are also releasing additional content named "not a hero" and the "raccoon survivors". So there seems to be a lot more to be seen. It seems we are going to be getting some really good content over a period of time. And the game would be more hit with what they are offering lately.