Requesting help to save the career of the esports caster.

TomAmot

Trophies
Good day to all!

My name is Mikhail; my nickname is Tom Amot. For the last 5 years I’ve been a professional caster of more than 30 esports tournaments. I managed to cover a series of events for such Dota2 studios as Maincast, Weplay, UCC, I also worked directly for Riot on Valorant tournaments and had been a solo-caster on varied semi-pro tournaments. In all pauses between tournaments I was working a lot for my own channel being a community-caster. It was my full-time job for the last 2,5 years, but now I am not able to do this because I was banned on Twitch. You can read my situation in the attached image.

Streaming of tournaments is my love, passion, I feel that it is my vocation and the only thing I would like to do in life. I have finished college, but I live in a small town, we don’t have any opportunities to grow or any perspective to make a career. So being an esport caster is all for me, all that I want and all that I can.

I am very purposeful and can't accept the fact that I need to end my career, but, as all you know, if you are banned on Twitch, you couldn’t be invited to cast any tournament. Any other streaming service provides nothing for cybersport and almost nobody covers their tournaments anywhere except Twitch. So it is the only platform for an esports caster.

I never had any violations of the Terms of Use. I admit that I was wrong in creating other problems before solving the first, but still think it was a horrible misunderstanding and really beg Twitch to understand my situation and save my career.

I will be very appreciative for your comments and upvotes, I need a large audience coverage so Twitch can notice my request.

Please upvote and comment here:

You may also follow all my other streaming services urls, every registration will be a great help for me: @TomAmot

If I won’t be unbanned I will try to grow on these services, but I hope Twitch will save my career with your help.

Will be in touch if anyone is interested.

Note: I tried to contact technical support before and received a standard general response. I sincerely ask you to read it with the understanding that I fully grasp and accept that I was wrong, first of all I needed to solve the first problem before creating another. I never had any other violation, never spoke disrespectful to any person, I always tried my best and built a friendly community. Also it is my job, I have no other aspiration because I feel it is my vocation. So I need someone to help me, I will never forget it, and I will not break any rule and will do my best to be the human that fully corresponds to such a site as Twitch. I ask you for permission to continue my job. I need my first account or any of 3 to have some invites for tournaments and continue my career.
My name is Mikhail, and for the last 5 years I’ve been a professional caster of more than 30 esports tournaments (Dota2-5 years, Valorant-1 year). Due to some unfortunate events and misunderstanding I am completely unable to do it nowadays, but I sincerely hope to find any help and a way to continue work.At first, I had an account under the name “Pro_cast”, which I used to stream and comment Dota 2 matches, courtesy of Dota2tv. My streams were completely non-commercial, no advertising at all, even as said Dota2tv sold tickets for its tournaments – and all of it was completely fine, according to its own rules, which can be found on https://www.dota2.com/dotatv.
However, for some reason my account has got 3 strikes from Hitbox.tv and has been permanently banned since. After that, I struggled to argue the validity of such a decision. Technical support could not help me. I have tried to write some letters about DMCA and find a way to solve the problem, but did not get any reaction at all. I was not doing it with the counter-claim form because I didn’t find it at all, but I wrote twice with my #04760242, #12514578 case ID. It was also technically impossible to discuss the situation with representatives of Hitbox.tv, as their website and accounts ceased to exist shortly after that misunderstanding. I was completely confused and disappointed, as there was no way to solve the problem. I knew I was right according to Valve rules about streaming but just couldn’t prove it.
I deeply cared about my esports career. That is why I decided to create a new account and start everything from scratch, I thought that it is my only punishment. I used the same e-mail to register it, then named it “Pro_cast2”, because I had zero intention to hide from any technical checks – and at the moment I did not understand that such practice is considered unacceptable. My bad was that I didn’t solve the first problem, back there I was young, irresponsible and didn’t take it seriously.
I used my second account for a long time. I managed to restart my esports career and proceeded to stream and comment on a variety of professional tournaments. I devoted a huge amount of time to streaming and it became my full time job which I don’t want to lose, because it is my passion and love. But suddenly my second account also got banned – on 06/12/2020, for multi-account. Before the ban I had nearly 39 thousand of free subscribers. I tried to contact support with my case ID #04932806, #04817075. I thought I needed to clarify that I created this account because of a misunderstanding with my 1st account and not getting answered.
Being desperate to continue my work on the platform, I decided to create one more account – still using the same e-mail, while naming it “Tom_amot”. However, my third account got banned even faster, even as I did my absolute best to strictly follow every existing rule – on 03/22/2021.
To be honest, I am absolutely devastated and it is almost impossible to describe how much I value the opportunity to work full-time in the esports field. As a devoted user of Twitch, I completely understand that there is no better way to be a part of the streaming community, and that is why I seek any possible help to come back and continue my professional journey.The underlying situation with strikes from Hitbox.tv still seems to be a horrible misunderstanding – as far as I did not get the chance to argue the nature of those complaints. As I said, Hitbox.tv has been shut down for a long time, so there is no way to connect with its representatives or a person who striked me in the first time. I plead my guilt and I promise it would never happen again. So, I really hope there is a way to unblock any of my accounts or for me to once again become a legit part of the Twitch community.
Respectfully, Mikhail.

Yeah, sounds like you messed up and mobbing Twitch won't work, I'm sure people with far more power and money have tried and failed. Best move onto another platform.

Sorry to hear that but from what you've mentioned, I doubt Twitch will reverse their decision. Bigger streamers have struggled to get decisions reversed.

Yes, I think it is time to accept that twitch is no longer a platform that you can stream on. Hounding Twitch trying to get a decision reversed will not be of benefit to you.

Good day to all! I sincerely ask everyone to express an opinion on what I should do. Maybe someone from Twitch will read my story and help me.
The best help is to upvote and comment my story:
My name is Mikhail; my nickname is Tom Amot. For the last 5 years I’ve been a professional caster of more than 30 esports tournaments. I managed to cover a series of events for such Dota2 studios as Maincast, Weplay, UCC, I also worked on Valorant tournaments and had been a solo-caster on varied semi-pro tournaments. In all pauses between tournaments I was working a lot for my own channel being a community-caster. It was my full-time job for the last 2,5 years, but now I am not able to do this because I was banned on Twitch. You can read my situation right after my message.

Streaming tournaments is my love, passion, I feel that it is my vocation and the only thing I would like to do in life. I have finished college, but I live in a small town, we don’t have any opportunities to grow or any perspective to make a career. So being an esport caster is all for me.

I am very purposeful and can't accept the fact that I need to end my career, but, as all you know, if you are banned on Twitch, you couldn’t be invited to cast any tournament. Any other streaming service provides nothing for cybersport and almost nobody covers their tournaments anywhere except Twitch. So it is the only platform for an esports caster.

I never had any other violations of the Terms of Use. I admit that I was wrong creating other problems before solving the first, but still think it was a horrible misunderstanding. I am absolutely devastated and really beg to understand my situation and save my career.

Mikhail.________________________________________________________________________

Dear Twitch!

I am writing to you to inquire about the possibility of unblocking my account.

Note: I tried to contact technical support before and never received any response to my email, even in the form of a standard one letters. This makes me feel belittled, like my case means nothing for Twitch and so I also mean nothing. My situation is really hard and unusual, but I ask you to understand it .I sincerely ask you to read it with the understanding that I fully grasp and accept that I was wrong, first of all I needed to solve the first problem before creating another. I never had any other violation, never spoke disrespectful to any person, I always tried my best and built a friendly community. Also it is my job, I have no other aspiration because I feel it is my vocation. So I need someone to help me, I will never forget it, and I will not break any rule and will do my best to be the human that fully corresponds to such a site as Twitch. I ask you for permission to continue my job. I need my first account or any of 3 to have some invites for tournaments and continue my career.

My name is Mikhail, and for the last 5 years I’ve been a professional caster of more than 30 esports tournaments (Dota2-5 years, Valorant-1 year). Due to some unfortunate events and misunderstanding I am completely unable to do it nowadays, but I sincerely hope to find any help and a way to continue work.At first, I had an account under the name “Pro_cast”, which I used to stream and comment Dota 2 matches, courtesy of Dota2tv. My streams were completely non-commercial, no advertising at all, even as said Dota2tv sold tickets for its tournaments – and all of it was completely fine, according to its own rules, which can be found on Dota 2 - DotaTV License.

However, for some reason my account has got 3 strikes from Hitbox.tv and has been permanently banned since. After that, I struggled to argue the validity of such a decision. Technical support could not help me. I have tried to write some letters about DMCA and find a way to solve the problem, but did not get any reaction at all. I was not doing it with the counter-claim form because I didn’t find it at all, but I wrote twice with my #04760242, #12514578 case ID. It was also technically impossible to discuss the situation with representatives of Hitbox.tv, as their website and accounts ceased to exist shortly after that misunderstanding. I was completely confused and disappointed, as there was no way to solve the problem. I knew I was right according to Valve rules about streaming but just couldn’t prove it.

I deeply cared about my esports career. That is why I decided to create a new account and start everything from scratch, I thought that it is my only punishment. I used the same e-mail to register it, then named it “Pro_cast2”, because I had zero intention to hide from any technical checks – and at the moment I did not understand that such practice is considered unacceptable. My bad was that I didn’t solve the first problem, back there I was young, irresponsible and didn’t take it seriously.

I used my second account for a long time. I managed to restart my esports career and proceeded to stream and comment on a variety of professional tournaments. I devoted a huge amount of time to streaming and it became my full time job which I don’t want to lose, because it is my passion and love. But suddenly my second account also got banned – on 06/12/2020, for multi-account. Before the ban I had nearly 39 thousand of free subscribers. I tried to contact support with my case ID #04932806, #04817075. I thought I needed to clarify that I created this account because of a misunderstanding with my 1st account and not getting answered.

Being desperate to continue my work on the platform, I decided to create one more account – still using the same e-mail, while naming it “Tom_amot”. However, my third account got banned even faster, even as I did my absolute best to strictly follow every existing rule – on 03/22/2021.

To be honest, I am absolutely devastated and it is almost impossible to describe how much I value the opportunity to work full-time in the esports field. As a devoted user of Twitch, I completely understand that there is no better way to be a part of the streaming community, and that is why I seek any possible help to come back and continue my professional journey. And at the moment I feel deceived and insulted, because I don't know what to do, and no one wants to help me with this. Although I always had a very good opinion of the service, and even more so about the support service. The underlying situation with strikes from Hitbox.tv still seems to be a horrible misunderstanding – as far as I did not get the chance to argue the nature of those complaints. As I said, Hitbox.tv has been shut down for a long time, so there is no way to connect with its representatives or a person who striked me for the first time. I plead my guilt and I promise it would never happen again. So, I really hope there is a way to unblock any of my accounts or for me to once again become a legit part of the Twitch community.

Respectfully, Mikhail.

I sincerely ask everyone to express an opinion on what I should do.
Accept that your Twitch streaming days are over; the decision won't be overturned.

Of course, you could try your luck and create a 4th account - but it's likely to have the same outcome.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back