Repetitive strain injuries caused by video gaming

Shine_Spirit

Trophies
Sooner or later, playing video game for hours will always bring us some kind of problem. The most common of which is repetitive strain injury. It's somewhat troublesome, but can be easily resolved (depending on gravity).

Are you already on this list or have not suffered from it yet?

Repetitive strain injury stands for RSI in short. Only becomes a problem when you repetitively use a part of your body which then causes you pain and discomfort. If this is the case, you should have regular 30-40 minutes breaks from gaming and participate in natural activities.

Staying too much engaged in gaming and pushing the keyboard buttons is surely going to cost you some injury. So it's always better to understand the fact that people should take break in between playing. And that is how injuries can be handled. I can tell you that it can be serious issues among gamers and writers.

Eye strain is a threat. That has been a problem for me as a web developer. Anyway, one solution is using the browser's "night mode" - and that might work also on PC games.

Staying too much engaged in gaming and pushing the keyboard buttons is surely going to cost you some injury. So it's always better to understand the fact that people should take break in between playing. And that is how injuries can be handled. I can tell you that it can be serious issues among gamers and writers.

Another threat is extreme obesity. Anyway, as with anything, it's recommended to exercise regularly - and I mean a gym quality workout.

O.K. inactivity, generally speaking, leads to a host health problems besides strain - like heart disease etc..

Last edited:
Yes staying in one place for more than 1 hour is going to cost you a lot. I have learned to take break every 40 minutes. And also learning to use the bean bags to sit with the laptop. That way I can reduce the strain that I get on my body.

I don't know man if this is a problem related to the esports alone. I have seen people even playing few hours a week can cause this. computing till it turn into the VR and touch based we are not off it.

Thanks. Those are some insightful resources. I may have to check it out. It seems like I do play and code for long hours. I should be taking care of my health too.

I have no issues from playing games, but using a mouse these days seems to cause a strain feeling on my wrist and arm, so I'm dealing with that at the moment.

I think almost every gamer, coder, designer and other computer workers face the issue with the wrist. Unless we see the development of the VR, and gesture based computing. I think there is going to be RSI issues that will be faced by people.

I think almost every gamer, coder, designer and other computer workers face the issue with the wrist. Unless we see the development of the VR, and gesture based computing. I think there is going to be RSI issues that will be faced by people.

that or issues from constantly drinking energy drinks.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back