Reggie Fils-Aime joins GameStop board of directors

reggie-switch.jpg

Former Nintendo executive, Reggie Fils-Aime, will join GameStop’s board of directors in April, GameStop has announced.

Joining the Company’s Board are Reginald ‘Reggie’ Fils-Aimé, William ‘Bill’ Simon and James ‘J.K.’ Symancyk. Mr. Simon and Mr. Symancyk’s appointments are effective immediately; Mr. Fils-Aimé’s appointment will be effective April 20, 2020.
~GameStop’s statement

GameStop’s Board also announced a number of corporate governance enhancements, implementing new guidelines for Board tenure and Committee refreshment, also effective immediately.
The gaming industry needs a healthy and vibrant [GameStop]. I look forward to being a part of [GameStop Corp’s] Board and helping to make this happen.
~Fils-Aime on Twitter

Fils-Aime left Nintendo back in April 2019.

Joining a sinking ship, shame. GameStop aren't going to save themselves, and while I applaud them for making a hiring that might have made a difference a year ago, this is too little too late.

I get Reggie can do a lot of magic for companies but I really don't foresee him able to do much. Not like he has sole control and make the right choices happen. If anything this will be just a bad spot on his resume.

I actually heard about this. I heard that Gamestop was in a rough place right now They reported some serioisly massive losses and their stock plummeted. I hope Reggie can pull them out of it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back