Reggie Fils-Aime joins GameStop board of directors

reggie-switch.jpg

Former Nintendo executive, Reggie Fils-Aime, will join GameStop’s board of directors in April, GameStop has announced.

Joining the Company’s Board are Reginald ‘Reggie’ Fils-Aimé, William ‘Bill’ Simon and James ‘J.K.’ Symancyk. Mr. Simon and Mr. Symancyk’s appointments are effective immediately; Mr. Fils-Aimé’s appointment will be effective April 20, 2020.
~GameStop’s statement

GameStop’s Board also announced a number of corporate governance enhancements, implementing new guidelines for Board tenure and Committee refreshment, also effective immediately.
The gaming industry needs a healthy and vibrant [GameStop]. I look forward to being a part of [GameStop Corp’s] Board and helping to make this happen.
~Fils-Aime on Twitter

Fils-Aime left Nintendo back in April 2019.

PGen98

Jan 16, 2020
Joining a sinking ship, shame. GameStop aren't going to save themselves, and while I applaud them for making a hiring that might have made a difference a year ago, this is too little too late.

Demon_skeith

Mar 24, 2019
I get Reggie can do a lot of magic for companies but I really don't foresee him able to do much. Not like he has sole control and make the right choices happen. If anything this will be just a bad spot on his resume.

Abizaga

Mar 16, 2020
I actually heard about this. I heard that Gamestop was in a rough place right now They reported some serioisly massive losses and their stock plummeted. I hope Reggie can pull them out of it.

JoyFreak

A gaming forum community dedicated to gaming enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, iOS, Android, PC, Stadia, gaming news, esports, and more! Sign up

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Members