News Reddit bans /r/the_donald and other subreddits

Tek

Trophies
“Reddit is a place for community and belonging, not for attacking people,” Steve Huffman, the company’s chief executive, said in a call with reporters. “‘The_Donald’ has been in violation of that.”
Reddit said it was also banning roughly 2,000 other communities from across the political spectrum, including one devoted to the leftist podcasting group “Chapo Trap House,” which has about 160,000 regular users. The vast majority of the forums that are being banned are inactive.

“The_Donald,” which has been a digital foundation for Mr. Trump’s supporters, is by far the most active and prominent community that Reddit decided to act against. For years, many of the most viral Trump memes that broke through to Facebook, Twitter and elsewhere could be traced back to “The_Donald.” One video, “The Trump Effect,” originated on “The_Donald” in mid-2016 before bubbling up to Mr. Trump, who tweeted it to his 83 million followers.
Reddit said that as of Monday, it was introducing eight rules that laid out the terms people must abide by to use the site. Those include prohibiting targeted harassment, revealing the identities of others, posting sexually exploitative content related to underage children, or trafficking in illegal substances or other illicit transactions.

While the site had already banned many of these behaviors, the latest changes take a harder line on speech that “promotes hate based on identity or vulnerability.”

here are the top 10 most active subs that were banned..

EbseyqeUEAAj8WM.png%3Alarge

They're about four years too late, but good. Reddit leadership always dealt with their blatant violations and refusal to properly moderate with kid gloves, and I never understood it.

Hopefully going forward Reddit will be a much better place. Trying out new subreddits is always a dice roll, because sometimes just when you start enjoying yourself you realize the sub is infested with hateful members.

Now I know why I do not use credit. Not the fact that I get lost and my nuts get so painful it's the content that we read and see and do that I don't like at times

They're about four years too late, but good. Reddit leadership always dealt with their blatant violations and refusal to properly moderate with kid gloves, and I never understood it.

Hopefully going forward Reddit will be a much better place. Trying out new subreddits is always a dice roll, because sometimes just when you start enjoying yourself you realize the sub is infested with hateful members.

yeah theres still many more reddits that i think should be banned but we will see. seems like reddit has finally enforced moderation

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back