PSIO - Flash Cartridge that plugs into your PlayStation

Nerdface

Trophies
Forget the PlayStation Classic, if you still have an original console lying around why not give it a new lease of life?
PSIO

POPCO.jpg

It is essentially a cartridge that connects to the parallel port, allowing you to play games loaded from an SD card. No more disc swapping your favourite retro PlayStation games. Unfortunately it does require some modifying of and soldering to the mainboard to install, but there's often local electrical/hardware stores who can help with this, and the company behind the PS-IO - Cybdyn Systems - offer a mailed installation service themselves.

It isn't widely available just yet, although they seem to be building toward a public release nicely. I stumbled upon this device in August, placed an order in the following pre-order window, and it's literally just being processed for shipment, I can't wait!

View attachment 5

Forget the PlayStation Classic, if you still have an original console lying around why not give it a new lease of life?
PSIO

It is essentially a cartridge that connects to the parallel port, allowing you to play games loaded from an SD card. No more disc swapping your favourite retro PlayStation games. Unfortunately it does require some modifying of and soldering to the mainboard to install, but there's often local electrical/hardware stores who can help with this, and the company behind the PS-IO - Cybdyn Systems - offer a mailed installation service themselves.

It isn't widely available just yet, although they seem to be building toward a public release nicely. I stumbled upon this device in August, placed an order in the following pre-order window, and it's literally just being processed for shipment, I can't wait!
Seems cool. Wish I still had my original consoles from way back when.

Admittedly I had a PSone which isn't compatible with the PS-IO.

I ended up picking up an original PlayStation from eBay for the sole purpose of this.. It wasn't in great condition, but it works.

Admittedly I had a PSone which isn't compatible with the PS-IO.

I ended up picking up an original PlayStation from eBay for the sole purpose of this.. It wasn't in great condition, but it works.
I've ended up going through a few original Playstations...but don't remember what I did with the last one.

I think I only went through one of the original PlayStation consoles (the spindle/laser gave up).

Unlike the Xbox 360, but that's another thread..!

I think I only went through one of the original PlayStation consoles (the spindle/laser gave up).

Unlike the Xbox 360, but that's another thread..!
Yeah...well...pretty sure my fist went through one of mine Kappa

Ah the joys of gamer's rage. I've smashed a couple of Xbox 360 controllers in the past..

Again, another thread.. :LOL:

I don't know why anyone even cares about "classic" consoles. Bad graphics, slow load times, and unstable. I just got an Xbox One S and can't wait to start playing it! Forget a PS One etc.

Nostalgia. There's many games on the PSone that despite them being re-released, the "original" experiences bring back fond memories.
Not for me. hehe I greatly enjoy modern looking games. :) But I see what you are saying!

It's finally en route.. ?

Exciting times, although I'd imagine I could still have a further 2 weeks to wait from Australia.

Old games are good. I just enjoyed the new games. It has realistic graphics.

Wow! This looks great but unfortunately I don't have such console any more as I have gifted it out long ago.

Currently, I'm still playing with Playstation 4 console and it's awesome.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back