News PS5's June 4 event has been postponed

Clout

Trophies
We have decided to postpone the PlayStation 5 event scheduled for June 4.

While we understand gamers worldwide are excited to see PS5 games, we do not feel that right now is a time for celebration and for now, we want to stand back and allow more important voices to be heard.

Interesting to see how major league businesses are running their PR these days.

wonder how close all the current leaks have looked for this console and if any of them actually got it right... exciting times ahead

Everybody regularly active here knows I am a big survival horror fan, and this event was shaping up to be really interesting for fans of the genre. But I guess we have just got to wait a few more months. ?

wonder how close all the current leaks have looked for this console and if any of them actually got it right... exciting times ahead
Some rumors have actually turned out to be somewhat true in some recent news.

I'm excited more than ever for the PS5 reveal, after this guy posted rumours about RE8 on Twitter. They're kind of absurd sounding, though, but he said this happens...

"Nemesisx25" has a YouTube channel, and he claimed in a few tweets that Barry, Claire, Moira and Rebecca die because of Alex Wesker and some villain with the last name, Simmons. So this could be the work of Neo-Umbrella, who were mentioned in RE6, and a guy with the surname Simmons was a villain in that game. Maybe the blue Umbrella people are actually involved too, and using Chris as a pawn. Apparently, he also kills Ethan and Mia's baby, shoots Mia (not fatally, though) and Ethan is attacked as well. Ethan wants payback. I think Chris just snaps, which is understandable. After all, he has been through a lot in his career. This all sounds really interesting, but Nemesis never stated a source.

And hell yeah. Silent Hill! SILENT-BLOODY-HILL! I'm aching for a new entry in that series so, so much. All is forgiven now, Konami. :p

I'm excited more than ever for the PS5 reveal, after this guy posted rumours about RE8 on Twitter. They're kind of absurd sounding, though, but he said this happens...

"Nemesisx25" has a YouTube channel, and he claimed in a few tweets that Barry, Claire, Moira and Rebecca die because of Alex Wesker and some villain with the last name, Simmons. So this could be the work of Neo-Umbrella, who were mentioned in RE6, and a guy with the surname Simmons was a villain in that game. Maybe the blue Umbrella people are actually involved too, and using Chris as a pawn. Apparently, he also kills Ethan and Mia's baby, shoots Mia (not fatally, though) and Ethan is attacked as well. Ethan wants payback. I think Chris just snaps, which is understandable. After all, he has been through a lot in his career. This all sounds really interesting, but Nemesis never stated a source.

And hell yeah. Silent Hill! SILENT-BLOODY-HILL! I'm aching for a new entry in that series so, so much. All is forgiven now, Konami. :p
Oooo I hope the rumors are true! I guess we'll have to wait and see now!

I wish they would go back to third person for sequels. I know they did for the remakes. They don't really count. They're not new, per se.

I wish they would go back to third person for sequels. I know they did for the remakes. They don't really count. They're not new, per se.
I'm like you also, prefer the TPS games and would love to check some new content out with that in mind.

Gutted that we’re going to have wait longer to find out more about the PS5 but with what’s going on around the world, it’s for the greater good.

Gutted that we’re going to have wait longer to find out more about the PS5 but with what’s going on around the world, it’s for the greater good.
Yeah, coronavirus hit us hard and now the George Floyd incident. Madness!

Heartbroken that we're going to be waiting longer to find out more about the PS5, however with the Global Pandemic going on across the world, I feel this is for the betterment of the people. Waiting longer means I will just build up more and more excitement! I can't wait for the release.

Farewell to the PS4. One of the best consoles of all time. I am sure the PS5 will be everything we hoped for, and so much more. ?

Sad it had to get delayed, but it is for good reasons. Hopefully this will make the event all the better.

There's nothing I can really say that hasn't already been said, but I am glad that Sony has delayed the event. In the current madness that is going on (pandemic + riots), I personally feel like this was a good choice on their part.

I eagerly await the introduction of the PS5.

There's nothing I can really say that hasn't already been said, but I am glad that Sony has delayed the event. In the current madness that is going on (pandemic + riots), I personally feel like this was a good choice on their part.

I eagerly await the introduction of the PS5.
Yeah definitely! I think we need all this to calm down then we can focus on things like these!

I think it was a good move on there part to delay it. Even if it was a PR move, it's great to see a company make some positive changes to what is a very important event to them. Looking forward to seeing what their new date will be.

I look forward to the reveal nonetheless... but when? ?
I am guessing not before the end of this June Month. In fact it may get pushed even further. The reason being some regions are deeply affected. And even more so, some business are selling things out and that means logistic wise sony may face issues if they release PS 5 stuff all over world. Games being software may not be affected but still hardware connected games leads to loss as it is.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back