News PS5 is almost twice as thick as PS4 Pro

Clout

Trophies
The rumor comes from this Russian site: Как выглядит PlayStation 5 - инсайдер рассказал о дизайне консоли нового поколения от Sony

English translation:
The edition of GameMAG.ru got insider information about the design of the PlayStation 5. It was shared with us by an expert involved in the development of the popular American game, which should be released on the new Sony console in the future.

The design of the real console is different from all the options that were previously published on the network under the guise of insiders.
The console stands out with one very unusual detail about which no one has yet talked about, but the insider decided not to disclose it to us either. Reason: there is a possibility that this detail can be used to track where the "drain" came from.

Sony has not yet revealed all the secrets of the console. She should announce another important system feature. Some of the information about this chip has already flickered in the Western press, but no one paid attention to it.

In terms of design, the console is not like the Xbox Series X. This is not a smart speaker style device. The PlayStation 5 looks like a classic set-top box - it's a flat square symmetrical box with rounded edges.

But at the same time, the console is very thick. It is almost twice as thick as the PlayStation 4 Pro.

The insider didn’t show us the pictures, because it is very risky. There might be some differences in the retail version. We look forward to the official show, which may take place next week.

Maybe this will be true, maybe not. We will have to wait and see. I honestly don't think that it will be "twice as thick". That would look awful and it would be way too big for most people. I'm sure Sony has managed to fit everything into something that is sized similarly to the PS4.

Like Ash has said above, simply put, that would look awful. Seems hard to believe too given the emphasis companies are putting on making technology smaller and more portable nowadays. Let’s hope that this news is not true.

Honestly it does not matter with the thickness. I think a lot of people want to know how durable it is and how long it may benefit. In such case, you can see PS 4 has had it's run though, thickness or not. Either way, It's just the matter of revisions for them now they are testing.

I think the new gens will have to lean slightly towards PC looking boxes to be honest.

I hope the rumors aren't true either. Having a thick PS5 would be crap but like Nova has mentioned, the durability and robustness is far more important. I've had mine go through some hardship in the past so it would be good to get it to last longer.

I hope not, the PS4 is pretty thick and I rather not see it bigger, considering it uses SSD and not HDD, that alone should slim it down.

I hope not, the PS4 is pretty thick and I rather not see it bigger, considering it uses SSD and not HDD, that alone should slim it down.
That's what I thought! I hope they remain as rumors only!

Perhaps this is looking to be true, perhaps not. We really are going to have to watch and see. I truthfully do not even think it's going to be "twice as thick." This may visually look unappealing, and it would be far too large for most of the gaming community. I'm positive Playstation has worked to cram all their components into that's comparable in scale to the PS4.

Perhaps this is looking to be true, perhaps not. We really are going to have to watch and see. I truthfully do not even think it's going to be "twice as thick." This may visually look unappealing, and it would be far too large for most of the gaming community. I'm positive Playstation has worked to cram all their components into that's comparable in scale to the PS4.
Most likely the recent demos and leaks are true. I think we will see it as thick now. Considering the new speculations are tried by the IGN type of the game networks. Only way this can turn false is if they change the product design in the last minutes. I doub it though.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back