PS5 is 100 times faster than the older PS4, Says Sony

Oldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Hardware keeps getting upgraded, and there is always a slight upgrade with extra features. However this is not the case with PS5 upgrade over PS4. In a document uploaded on Sony’s website, the company CEO revealed PS5’s true speed.

PS5 100 times faster than PS4
The document says that the PS5 is not just offering a resolution upgrade over PS4. It will offer 100 times faster processing speed than PS4. This is all happening through its next level high speed SSD. Here are the notes via Sony.

“In order to further enhance the sense of immersion in games, we expect to improve not just the resolution, but the speed of games,” Sony CEO Kenichiro Yoshida

Credits: Sony
“For example, through a custom‐designed high‐speed SSD, we plan to realize game data processing speeds that are approximately 100 times faster than PS4. Game load times should be much shorter, and players should be able to move through immense game worlds in almost an instant.”

Source: GamesFontaine

Not surprised there and in fact kind of speculating on that. The reason being there was a huge gap from one to another PS version. So they were meant to have that version better than the previous one.

Of course its that fast, all of them are coming equipped and configured to work on a very powerful SSD.

yes, it will be 100 times faster then the PS4, wait for the PS5, hope it will launched soon

I'd hope so given they've taken this long in development.

Speed is always important! Good to hear that Sony has optimised the PS5. It always seemed like PS4 was far too slow, I’m curious to find out how the PS5 has improved on that!

I personally think it's a big deal for the people who actually have to work with the hardware and design based stuff but not so much for us gamers.

I personally think it's a big deal for the people who actually have to work with the hardware and design based stuff but not so much for us gamers.
100% agree!!!

Speed forever will be essential for Gamers. Nice to learn that Sony have improved the PlayStation 5. It just felt like the PS4 was too sluggish, so I'm interested to find out how the PS5 has changed! Given that Sony have been in development for so long, I am expecting some superb enhancements.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back