News PS5 had the highest launch month in U.S. history

Miles

Trophies
US NPD HW - PlayStation 5 achieved the highest launch month unit and dollar sales for a video game hardware platform in U.S. history. The records were previously held by the PlayStation 4, which debuted in November 2013.

From the NPD (US) release - PS5 had the biggest launch month for any console in the US, beating the previous record holder which was the PS4. - The Switch was the top selling console in November due to high demand and sufficient supply. - The Series X|S debuted lower than XB1

I don't understand what they are proclaiming. Are they just saying they managed to make more consoles than last time? Because obviously anything out there was going to be bought.

I don't understand what they are proclaiming. Are they just saying they managed to make more consoles than last time? Because obviously anything out there was going to be bought.
I think the important thing is that the Xbox consoles didn't even beat the Xbox One numbers.

and is that actually do to lack of sales or that they weren't able to make enough?
That I don't know but surely they would have made the same amount of or more than the Xbox One at launch.

Good for PlayStation! Still trying to find one. I refuse to pay over the normal price.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back