PS5 games won't support PlayStation VR, says Sony

ps5-playstation-vr.jpg

PS5 won't support PlayStation VR, instead you'll to be playing PS4 versions using backwards compatibility, Sony has recently confirmed.

Sony has also confirmed that the publisher has “not announced PS5 titles for PS VR.” This means users will need to ensure they purchase the PS4 versions of upcoming titles like Hitman 3 or existing titles like No Man’s Sky or Star Wars Squadrons if they wish to continue playing in VR on the PS5.

A free PSVR adaptor is required to connect the PlayStation VR to your PS5.

PS5 heads to retail stores on 12 November.

If there is no PS5 version, why do people have to ensure they buy the PS4 version when that is all there is?

My fingers are crossed in hopes that Sony is working on a new wireless headset with far greater resolution. I gave my PSVR and wands away to my nephews, but I don't mind waiting a few years for a new headset.

My fingers are crossed in hopes that Sony is working on a new wireless headset with far greater resolution. I gave my PSVR and wands away to my nephews, but I don't mind waiting a few years for a new headset.

people would most likely get mad they need to buy new headgear, that stuff isn't cheap right?

people would most likely get mad they need to buy new headgear, that stuff isn't cheap right?

I'm sure some would, yea. Personally, I think it's been on the market long enough that Sony could get away with releasing a new headset so long as they continue to support the old one.

That's rather surprising. You would think it would be the opposite, in fact. The PS5 is supposed to be the future of gaming.

I'm sure some would, yea. Personally, I think it's been on the market long enough that Sony could get away with releasing a new headset so long as they continue to support the old one.

that's true, tech's life span just gets shorter these days.

Resident Evil: Village looks like it will play better than the last one. But if VR support isn't there, that may disappoint those who wanted that. Personally, I don't mind, though.

Same. Although my only experience with VR was one of those cheap headsets that you put your phone into so it may not be a good enough experience to count

Same. Although my only experience with VR was one of those cheap headsets that you put your phone into so it may not be a good enough experience to count
Oh I’ve heard it can be quite fun. I’ve honestly been intrigued by Skyrim VR, but not enough to warrant a purchase.

I'm watching Michael Does Life on YouTube right now. He said that Wario64 on Twitter is letting people know when Walmart has any PS5 units available. However, it seems they are selling out majorly fast, as the checkout process isn't working for many people who try to complete their purchase.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back