PS5 bug causes disc to spin once every hour for no reason

ps5-bug.jpg

A new PS5 bug is causing disc-based consoles to spin a disc once every hour for no reason.

Reddit user, RoughishlyHoward, wrote:
I have the disc for Ghost of Tsushima in my PS5 at the moment and it spins up even if I’m playing Spider-Man or Demon’s Souls. I can understand it needing to check that the disc is still there, but surely it shouldn’t need to spin it that quickly/loudly to do so.

BloodshotX said on Resetera:
At first I thought, ‘huh maybe this is a new authentication process to prove that the game is still inside’, But now I’m kinda thinking its a UI bug. I completely installed [Miles Morales] while playing [Astro Bot]. Surely you would think that after the game completely installs it will stop spinning until [I either] start [Spider-Man] or reboot the system. Turns out it spinned about 4 times in my [Astro Bot] playthrough.

While there's no comment from Sony about the situation, the fix is pretty simple: eject the disc from your PS5’s drive when not in use. That or own a PS5 All-Digital Edition console instead.

PS5 is available now.

I have never experienced this but at least it's not a major bug that affects people badly. Hopefully Sony can sort it out

I still have to buy it... bug or not it will soon be mine :ROFLMAO:

Still trying to track one down. Want to play that Miles Morales Spider-Man and many of my PS4 games. :)

Did anyone have the issue on the PS4 when it would eject discs? This is the next gen version. That was a nightmare, I remember playing Infamous, the game would suddenly stop and spit out the disc. I think this was a relatively common issue in the first batches.

Did anyone have the issue on the PS4 when it would eject discs? This is the next gen version. That was a nightmare, I remember playing Infamous, the game would suddenly stop and spit out the disc. I think this was a relatively common issue in the first batches.
It never happened to me but it would have been scary :eek::eek::ROFLMAO:

I do remember some people complaining about it. But hey, buy something new, get the bugs.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back