PS5 bug causes disc to spin once every hour for no reason

ps5-bug.jpg

A new PS5 bug is causing disc-based consoles to spin a disc once every hour for no reason.

Reddit user, RoughishlyHoward, wrote:
I have the disc for Ghost of Tsushima in my PS5 at the moment and it spins up even if I’m playing Spider-Man or Demon’s Souls. I can understand it needing to check that the disc is still there, but surely it shouldn’t need to spin it that quickly/loudly to do so.

BloodshotX said on Resetera:
At first I thought, ‘huh maybe this is a new authentication process to prove that the game is still inside’, But now I’m kinda thinking its a UI bug. I completely installed [Miles Morales] while playing [Astro Bot]. Surely you would think that after the game completely installs it will stop spinning until [I either] start [Spider-Man] or reboot the system. Turns out it spinned about 4 times in my [Astro Bot] playthrough.

While there's no comment from Sony about the situation, the fix is pretty simple: eject the disc from your PS5’s drive when not in use. That or own a PS5 All-Digital Edition console instead.

PS5 is available now.

Ash

Feb 1, 2019
I have never experienced this but at least it's not a major bug that affects people badly. Hopefully Sony can sort it out

MicroNort

Jun 21, 2020
Did anyone have the issue on the PS4 when it would eject discs? This is the next gen version. That was a nightmare, I remember playing Infamous, the game would suddenly stop and spit out the disc. I think this was a relatively common issue in the first batches.

Daevis

Developer at Black Mastiff Studio
Verified
Nov 23, 2020
Did anyone have the issue on the PS4 when it would eject discs? This is the next gen version. That was a nightmare, I remember playing Infamous, the game would suddenly stop and spit out the disc. I think this was a relatively common issue in the first batches.
It never happened to me but it would have been scary :eek::eek::ROFLMAO:

Demon_skeith

Mar 24, 2019

I do remember some people complaining about it. But hey, buy something new, get the bugs.