PS Vita - Is it worth it?

Kaynil

Newcomer
Trophies
At its time I missed the console. I had to choose between it and the Nintendo 3DS. I think it was around the time I was saving and planning to move out of the continent, so I really wasn't thinking much in getting consoles and then by the time I was stable in the place I moved in, it was pretty much the notion that it was going to be discontinued so that killed whatever amount of investment I had for it.

Except, a sparkle of curiosity didn't die and recently I find more and more often second hand PlayStation Vitas at reasonable prices. So now here I am wondering if it would be a good idea to get myself one.

Do you think it is a good idea to buy oneself one?

Did you guys ever play with the console?
What games for it would you recommend?

I never had a PS Vita. My first real console was a 3DS, so I'm not well versed in that front. However, I do think that it would have been a very nice console to experiment with (when it was popular, anyway.)

You may want to wait on a few other people to share their opinions.

I played with the PS Vita but never owned it. Most of the time, the PS Vita games were kind of rehashed of the console. Nothing exclusive content that you will find in be it Nintendo or the PS V. I think it is because other platforms are catching up. In grand scheme of things if money matters to you, then better to avoid PSV and maybe even avoid Switch or Switch Lite. You should stick to PC and Consoles.

If you can get one rather cheaply, then yeah as there are some good games on it but not enough to warrant full price.

I got it a few years after it came out. The only games I really have on it is minecraft and telltale. It was worth it and in my opinion the user interface is way more sleek and cleaner than the Nintendo 3DS.

I got it a few years after it came out. The only games I really have on it is minecraft and telltale. It was worth it and in my opinion the user interface is way more sleek and cleaner than the Nintendo 3DS.
Sony officially said that they had stopped making the games. And the thing is that when the device does not have any more new games. What's the point of getting the device? I think using the friends device or getting the device with loaded games in ebay can be one option.

Sony officially said that they had stopped making the games. And the thing is that when the device does not have any more new games. What's the point of getting the device? I think using the friends device or getting the device with loaded games in ebay can be one option.

I said when I first got it was worth it. And technically they'll never stop making new games for it so long as the Vita still has the PS store which it does. If a developer decides to make a game and include it on the Vita they can but their profit for that specific handheld console won't be great.

Yeah, I wouldn't bother purchasing one if they've discontinued games on the device. I prefer Nintendo Switch for a handheld device, it's more feature rich.

I said when I first got it was worth it. And technically they'll never stop making new games for it so long as the Vita still has the PS store which it does. If a developer decides to make a game and include it on the Vita they can but their profit for that specific handheld console won't be great.

I'm curious to see how long the PS store would support it, maybe 20 years at best before sony cuts the connection?

I'm curious to see how long the PS store would support it, maybe 20 years at best before sony cuts the connection?

Have no idea maybe never. Because if you think about it people still play the vita. And if they cut the store off the Vita they'll potentially lose money because people wouldn't be able to purchase games.

The official notice says the new games won't be added. I think even the new developer revenue share program must be closed too. But then again if we compare the handheld you may see that demand on the Nintendo handheld does have it.

The official notice says the new games won't be added. I think even the new developer revenue share program must be closed too. But then again if we compare the handheld you may see that demand on the Nintendo handheld does have it.

Only Nintendo platform i had was the 3DS. Switch is reportedly to be going low on stock soon. And regarding the vita the stores still on there.

Have no idea maybe never. Because if you think about it people still play the vita. And if they cut the store off the Vita they'll potentially lose money because people wouldn't be able to purchase games.

There will be a day when running the servers to sell the games cost too much compared to what is being sold, that is when it will most likely get shut down.

Only Nintendo platform i had was the 3DS. Switch is reportedly to be going low on stock soon. And regarding the vita the stores still on there.
Vita is in stores even today but the official support for games is no longer out. And the thing is that Switch is continue to be in demand. It's not like production for switch has stopped. Low stock in many places is due to corona and lack of exports.

Vita is in stores even today but the official support for games is no longer out. And the thing is that Switch is continue to be in demand. It's not like production for switch has stopped. Low stock in many places is due to corona and lack of exports.

More like lack of other factories outside contaminated hot zone. Hopefully they can up the Switch supply again, I got some cousins who want to buy a few units soon.

I think it'd be better to have supply when things are safe. Because even if things improve the contaminated zones if delivered the products. It could be new issue for sure.

I have had a Vita since it's release. It's a great little machine, I do not use it often but mostly when I do it is when I am travleing and I remote play my PS4 thru the Vita. I haven't bought any games for it since about a year after it's launch.

If anyone is looking to get one though save your money and buy the one that does not have it's own AT&T wireless plan, waste of money as you still need wifi to game, the AT&T plan won't let you online play.

Well kind of. Only thing I disliked was its lack of backwards compatability. I bought one thinking I could play the warriors on it with my umd but it never was meant to be. That's juat my opinion, though.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back