Porting GTA V character to GTA VI?

Gopnik

Trophies
As seen before, Rockstar allowed to port PS3 GTA V character to the PS4 version of the game for a limited time. Do you think that Rockstar will allow to port your GTA V character to GTA VI? Personally, I don't think that they will allow it. It's an entirely new video game and there are a lot of reasons for not allowing it. Also, there are a lot of modded accounts and if they allow porting they would probably lose money as they expect people to buy a lot of Shark Cards in the beginning but with the modded accounts that can't happen.

I hope not. And I don't think they would allow it. If they are going for something similar, they will want to push sales of shark cards and allowing people to bring progress and money from a previous game isn't going to help sell it.

As far now I have some of my friends that are already using modded accounts for GTA 5 and I was very surprised and he told me about that thing he has bought that modded account with ban warranty. It is quite surprising.

As far now I have some of my friends that are already using modded accounts for GTA 5 and I was very surprised and he told me about that thing he has bought that modded account with ban warranty. It is quite surprising.

What is it you're expecting here? Somebody to ask you about "modded accounts" so then you an sell them this scam? Time for a reality check, kid. You can bump these GTA and selling accounts threads all day, nobody is going to ask you about your modded accounts sale/service for two reasons:

1. Almost no actual human beings actully post on this forum anymore, so there's pretty much nobody to con.
  2. The few of us flesh and blood people who are left all knew that such things were bullshit long before you got here.

Do yourself a favour and scrape whatever is left of your dignity off the floor, shut the fuck up and get the fuck out.

Last edited:
There is no official answer to this question at this point, but most likely some form of partial progress transfer will be possible. Given that GTA 6 will be an entirely new game, it is likely that all the items, cars and other resources you own will not be transferred there. However, there are rumors that Rockstar will offer dgraphers the opportunity to transfer their character's apparel and some cash, among other things, to the new platform.

As seen before, Rockstar allowed to port PS3 GTA V character to the PS4 version of the game for a limited time. Do you think that Rockstar will allow to port your GTA V character to GTA VI? Personally, I don't think that they will allow it. It's an entirely new video game and there are a lot of reasons for not allowing it. Also, there are a lot of modded accounts and if they allow porting they would probably lose money as they expect people to buy a lot of Shark Cards in the beginning but with the modded accounts that can't happen.
While it's challenging to predict Rockstar's decisions with certainty, I can offer an opinion on the matter. Whether Rockstar allows players to port their GTA V characters to GTA VI will likely depend on various factors, including the technical and design aspects of both games, as well as business considerations.

Here are a few points to consider:

1. Technical and Design Changes: GTA VI may introduce significant technical and design changes that make it challenging to seamlessly transfer characters from the previous game. If the game mechanics, graphics, or character systems undergo substantial updates, a direct transfer might not be feasible.
  2. New Game Dynamics: GTA VI might introduce new gameplay dynamics, features, or even a different setting. In such cases, carrying over characters from GTA V might not align with the vision Rockstar has for the new game.
  3. Business Strategy: As you mentioned, Rockstar's decision could be influenced by their business strategy. They may want to encourage players to start fresh in GTA VI, possibly to drive initial in-game purchases or to maintain a balanced and fair playing field.
  4. Modded Accounts and Economy: The existence of modded accounts in the GTA V community could indeed be a factor. Rockstar might be cautious about potential disruptions to the in-game economy and the competitive balance if modded characters were allowed in the new game.
In conclusion, while players may desire the ability to port characters from GTA V to GTA VI for continuity and personal attachment, it's plausible that technical, design, and business considerations could influence Rockstar's decision against it. Rockstar may prioritize delivering a fresh and immersive experience in GTA VI without the complications that character transfers might bring.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back