Pokemon Detective Pikachu Official Trailer

Nova

Trophies
If you are keeping up with the gaming news then I am sure you have heard of the news about the detective pikachu movie. it seems like they are trying to globalize the pokemon brand and coming up with a funny movie. For those who are into the serious mode for the pokemon games. I am not sure if they are going to appreciate the movie though. It looks terrible from the trailer.

Honestly, after I watched the first trailer I didn't like it (well... I hated it, to be even honesty!). But today, I'm already used to the idea of this globalization and I'm even curious to watch the movie.

I hope it's good.

Yes the pikachu design is extremely creepy. I mean pikachu is supposed to be cute. What type of teddy bear is this that creepy. I am sure if kids watch this they are going to get nightmares about the teddy bear like this. I prefer to avoid this movie for sure. I mean any pokemon fan is going to hate the way things are there.

Personally, I don't like it. It feels like a cheap combination of fantasy character in a human world. It seems it doesn't have a originality of story. Obliviously it's a very common fantasy except Pikachu comes to life. I think that every character that gained popularity either on games or movies are always given another recognition to be famous repeatedly. This is the life cycle of producers and developers.

Honestly, the 3D animation used for the pokemon just seems so inappropriate for the setting. I get that they're trying hard to make it more realistic, but they only just succeeded in making it look like a horror-comedy in my opinion.

Still, I might watch just to see what the story is all about. It seems interesting enough. And it'd be nice to see how they integrate pokemon into daily 'real' life.

I prefer this game to remain as a game and not some unrealistic movie. Sure, the cartoon version looks damn good and beautiful. I mean it is something that should stay at it is and be not part of another movie intent to gain a whole lot of dollar, that's if it can get as much as it can. Another business and money making move.

Oh! When I first heard that they'll do a Pokemon movie, I thought it'll be an animated film. I didn't realize it'll be like this. I mean, I like Ryan Reynolds but Pikachu is really charming. I feel like his voice didn't really give me that. Not that Ryan isn't charming. I guess there's something I was looking for.

The visual graphics is awesome. It really looks like its real. Pikachu is the most popular pokemon in the world and using Pikachu as the main character is a good idea. The story is very interesting.

I actually did not keep up with the news and haven't heard of this movie. It's kinda strange to realise what the whole concept of the movie will be around haha.

As any other once was a good honest and innocent cartoon now it commercialized in a brutal way, it's always the same case, at the beginning it's a simple pure fun thing, and afterwards as soon as the corporate world lay hands on it, it turns into a commercialized product that lost it essence , I never played the game I never will, and the movie too is not on my interest list, I've seen this happen before many times, it just ruins the good memories you had of it.

It's kind of strange for me too. But, let's just try to go and see the movie. Who knows, we might enjoy it as it will be how in another light of how we see Pikachu.

Hah! That's kinda funny! I suppose this will be a game also suitable for children?

I am for sure going to go and see the movie, but I'm prepared to be disappointed. Everyone has their own fond memories and connection to Pikachu, and I'm hoping the movie doesn't ruin that for me. Often this happens for me when I read a book and then go and see the movie, it's a disappointment. ?

I just watched the most recent trailer (OMG... it was amazing!) a few minutes ago and I must confess that now I'm really looking forward to watching this movie in theaters!

The movie looks really well done and super funny!

It may be funny for some people. And in fact some people may even prefer the game. But I for some reason don't find much value in the bad animation movies. I mean pikachu looks like creepy ebola cat. I can't stand that sort of the animation or graphics.

It may be funny for some people. And in fact some people may even prefer the game. But I for some reason don't find much value in the bad animation movies. I mean pikachu looks like creepy ebola cat. I can't stand that sort of the animation or graphics.

I already thought just like you. But I think my sense of nostalgia is speaking louder (so loud, to be honest... haha!). The more I watch the second trailer, the more I want to go to the movies and watch the whole movie, haha!

And things don't stop here. They are also making the sonic movie too. And the sonic also looks creepy cat like pikachu. and they may give funny voiceover. But to be honest it seems like the pikachu movie is going to be chaotic mess from what I have seen so far.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back