PlayStation VR (PS VR) - What are your thoughts?

zezo

Newcomer
Trophies
Do you find it better with the V.R. ?
Personally it is way much more interesting to play with V.R. than to play on a screen.
It is totally amazing.

I remembered two years ago my husband started chats regarding V.R but it was expensive. Until early this year we got to a mall and there's a game booth wherein he can experience playing with V.R. He grabbed the opportunity and he enjoyed. Well at least he experienced how to play with V.A. :)

V.R. is a real head-trip for me....I'm a bit prone to vertigo, so I have to be careful what I play. Most games are fine, but once I used a V.R. system at the county fair and the experience really messed with me. I was really high above the Earth in the simulation and I absolutely hate heights!! That one was kind of rough. Otherwise, I think V.R. is pretty fun.

There is no doubt that V.R. is huge upgrade for gaming.The feel it gives is spectacular.
The question is , what is the best game to be played with V.R.?

I actually never did play with a V. R., though I would love to play a horror game to scare the pants out of me.

Astrobot is the best VR game. Spectacular and easily the best showcase for the Tech which has everyone grinning from ear to ear.

Outside of that behemoth you have great technical showcase in the game Statik. VR is essential as its impossible to mirror the experience on a flat screen.

I haven't tried Virtual Reality game. It's not found here in our area and definitely it's expensive. I would love to try it given the chance. I find it more interesting and unique. It's a new gaming environment. My only concerned is my vision if I can hold to it. It probably has the best graphics and performance considering it's advancement from the rest of the gaming gadgets.

I've only tried V.R. a couple of times, and it was pretty difficult. I have glasses and tend to find it uncomfortable. Not to mention, I can only really plsy for short period of time because it tends to cause headaches.

Not to mention, I freaked out while I was playing Resident Evil 7 with the oculus rift on. My dog decided to lick my hand while I was in the middle of a boss battle.

I think VR is not yet matured to the extent we expect it to be. I can tell you from my experience that some of the VR specific usage of the games are not yet in the market. But we never know. We can see things differently with gaming improving. And it can be pretty fun to try it out as we speak. I guess we are going to learn more in near future.

The main problem with console games for me is that it's hard to react in time properly. For example playing an FPS game is easier on the PC. Not sure how it will cope with V.R.

Yes FPS is easier on PC because you get better controls and also you get to use the mouse and keyboard for far better movement of the character. And your overall controls work pretty much better with it.

Howdy,

Do any of the members of JoyFreak own the PlayStation VR? I know the whole VR market still has plenty of flaws, but there's been a few opportunities on the Facebook Marketplace where I could have purchased the PlayStation VR really cheap, and I almost did it. Ultimately, I've always talked myself out of it though. Does anyone own the PlayStation VR? Do you actually use it? How do you feel about it?

Eventually, I'm sure I'll take a shot and buy it. I'd love to hear what you guys think though!

Ultimately, I've always talked myself out of it though. Does anyone own the PlayStation VR? Do you actually use it? How do you feel about it?
You did the right thing by not taking the shot at it. The reason being it is too early. Let it mature for 2 or more versions and then maybe it is atleast buy-able. I have found out to be that way.

Do you find it better with the V.R. ?
Personally it is way much more interesting to play with V.R. than to play on a screen.
It is totally amazing.
I am not sure if I like VR games. I really don't know why I really don't take a liking to them. I guess just not my cup of tea.

Virtual reality gaming is not my cup of tea. Aside from the fact that it's far more demanding for your PC, it's just not what I want to do when I'm gaming. Gaming is supposed to be relaxing, not physically demanding.

I love my PSVR but I don't play it neary enough. The VR Playroom is a hoot for just killing some time and having a bit of fun. I also really enjoy the VR mode for Ace Combat 7, to bad it's only 3 missions. My issue is I play it for a fair amount of time and then shelve if for a fair amount of time and when I come back to it I got get past the motion sickness thing again.

Star Trek Bridge Crew is a great VR game, if you havent tried it you should.

I never got to try it, but I really want to, one day. VR fascinates me to no end.

I never got to try it, but I really want to, one day. VR fascinates me to no end.

If you never tried one then you should at least figure out a way to do that, I can't even put in words the diffrence between flat screen and VR and watching a stream of someone playing doesn't do it any justice. Be it PSVR or Rift find someone and give it a shot. Start out slow though, even if you don't suffer from motion sickness normally VR will mess with you till you get use to it.

If you never tried one then you should at least figure out a way to do that, I can't even put in words the diffrence between flat screen and VR and watching a stream of someone playing doesn't do it any justice. Be it PSVR or Rift find someone and give it a shot. Start out slow though, even if you don't suffer from motion sickness normally VR will mess with you till you get use to it.
Well I KIND OF tried VR but it was with 360 videos on a phone or a drawing application during an oculus display once.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back