Phil Spencer says Team Xbox have a “plan” to “win” the next generation

Maddox

Trophies
Following on from his one on one interview with IGN’s Ryan McCaffrey, Phil Spencer has now been a guest on IGN show Next-Gen Console Watch 2020. This is IGN’s show where they break down all the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X news and rumours.

The video is just under 30 minutes long so it’s fairly lengthy in nature. One segment stuck out to us when Phil spoke about having a plan to win [the next generation]. In the video interview, Phil Spencer said that:

“You have to set a price target at the beginning for yourselves and then you roll in as you see the competition and you start to do your go-to-market planning.
“I feel good about the price we’re going to be able to get to. I feel good about the price and the performance capabilities that we have for Series X. I feel incredibly strong about the overall package.
“We have a plan and we feel very solid about it. I believe we have a plan that can win [the next generation.]
We can infer that Phil is referring to an amalgamation of things Xbox has put in place such as winning the power advantage, full backwards compatibility, xCloud, Game Pass etc. and how he and his team believe their plan is sufficient to win.

Well, you get what you pay for. I mean, they could build a cheaper console, but is it so good - as to not upset people? Anyway, the last time I looked it seems like "less memory" versions of XBox were cheaper than the Switch and even PlayStation. However, though, does less memory make it significantly less fun for most people? Well, it might for big-time gamers, of course.

Just as long as they plan on making amazing looking games, they will come out strong. I know they have been buying up game developer studios, so hopefully something comes from it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back