PC Gamer: Please don't remake Resident Evil 4, Capcom

Nat

Trophies
aSoLK6DGptQpUTrvibaTvN-1200-80.jpg

If anything, I think remaking RE4 today would actually highlight its flaws. Throw a fancy new graphics engine on and the quick-time events will feel archaic, even if they're actually still pretty damn fun. Change Leon's movement and you have to rethink all of the environments and how the enemies behave, too, because those things were so, so finely tuned 15 years ago.

For any positive changes a remake introduced, it would feel like a missed opportunity if it didn't make every little aspect of RE4 as perfect as possible. Resident Evil 4 isn't perfect, of course—I'll admit the island can't match the peaks of the castle, which itself isn't quite as great as the opening hours in the village. But a remake likely would not dramatically reimagine the island with the same care the original designers poured into this game. Today I see RE4's little imperfections like the lines of a face I've become intimately familiar with over the years. Give it a nip and tuck, though, and it'll be hard to stop looking for more blemishes to eradicate.

And I remember when you kept saying “ capcom dont remake re4! remake CV” like a child look how successful the re4 remake now and how capcom is happy about it and sold 3 millions copys in just 2 days! All that happened just because they didn’t listen to you , please don’t tell others what to do because your decisions and thinking is garbage !

Don't worry, Capcom knows what they're doing! Plus, a Resident Evil 4 remake could have some cool new features. Let's stay optimistic and keep an open mind!

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back