Parents sending their kids to 'Fortnite Rehab'

LividJay

Trophies
Came across this read. Fortnite addiction sending kids to gaming rehab

Personally, I could never get into Fortnite. I wasn't very good at it, particularly the clunky building aspect. But I find it crazy that parents are sending their kids into a 'rehab' of sorts instead of just taking away their kids access to gaming for a while. Whatever happened to good ole fashioned parenting?

I could never really get into Fortnite myself, never really knew what the fuss was all about. But sending your kids to rehab over a video game is a bit extreme.

This is getting ridiculous. Just let kids be kids. The Fortnite craze will end eventually.

hahahah! ofcoz some of these parent didn't have abortion money so they feel like fortnite is a better reason to give when getting lid of their kids

I could never really get into Fortnite myself, never really knew what the fuss was all about. But sending your kids to rehab over a video game is a bit extreme.
Same! Definitely a bit extreme.
This is getting ridiculous. Just let kids be kids. The Fortnite craze will end eventually.
We can only hope it ends lol
These parents need to learn how to parent!!! Besides, Fortnite sucks. lol
Agreed. They let technology parent these days and then wonder where they went wrong.
hahahah! ofcoz some of these parent didn't have abortion money so they feel like fortnite is a better reason to give when getting lid of their kids
LUL

.... Christ. Problem is the parents can't turn the internet off as punishment as they are glued to their phones on Facebook. Sad times. He says whilst using his tablet to post on a forum :D

Yeah, todays kids are very savy and they are able to operate Computers and Mobiles at a very young age. Some get addicted to online games. I think that it is the failure on part of the parents if there kids are required to be taken to a rehab in order to deal witrh there gaming addiction. Parents need to take off time from there busy schedules to take care of there young children in this regard.

Yeah, today's kids are very savvy and they are able to operate Computers and Mobiles at a very young age. Some get addicted to online games. I think that it is the failure on part of the parents if their kids are required to be taken to rehab in order to deal with there gaming addiction. Parents need to take off time from there busy schedules to take care of there young children in this regard.
Your right on that one kid is becoming pretty much integrated with things like smartphones and tablets almost before some of them can talk and that is neither a good or a bad thing in my opinion its just how is going to be while humans have access to computing at the level we do now I could replace so much time that is spent teaching kids pointless rote learning by holding all that information for them and then all you need to do is teach them how to find out what they want to know and boom they teach themselves the real trick is getting them to work out how to manipulate these sources of data in meaningful ways to draw conclusions and make predictions and all that good stuff.

But I guess like anything these days there are some who become unhealthily dependent on pretty much anything and kids tend to be fairly prone to repetitive soothing behavior and that combined with something like a freemium game starts to get really worrying.

I see this from two perspectives: parental and technological addiction. First, it is bad enough when parents are unable to check on what their kids are doing to an extent they would go to the extremes of taking them for rehab. That said, gaming can be habit forming due to the pleasure derived from it.

This is strange even for a parent, I like the fortnite game and sometimes I even win but I am not addicted, is not a dangerous game in my opinion.

This is strange even for a parent, I like the fortnite game and sometimes I even win but I am not addicted, is not a dangerous game in my opinion.

The game is not dangerous as per se. Its the addiction to the game and technology that could be a problem. That said, taking kids to rehab might be overreacting

I read this before and it crazy, I don't know if you guys ever noticed, but games addiction generally happens with online games and multiplayer, never with solo player, if you really think about it, people can only get addicted to stuff especially games if the they associate it with other people, it's like a social thing, you can only get harmed when you "share the fun", if you know what i mean.

It seems a little excessive to be sending kids to rehab, and by no small margin, also a bit hypocritical. Almost everyone is glued to the internet these days. It's pervasive and ever-present, and most adults are just as involved with social media. Going 'unplugged' for a few days can drive people nuts since the internet's been ingrained into our daily lives.

Kids view the world in a different context than that which young adults and adults viewed their own time period. While game addiction is can be dangerous, the same could be said about television and other 'past-times' that were popular in their respective periods. It's a matter of discipline and teaching the kids about when and how to stop that's important. Placing them into rehab is just plain lazy parenting, from the source of the problem and all the way to the 'solution' parents choose to avail of because they can no longer control their kids.

Parents these days rely on technology, consoles and Wi-Fi to keep their kids sitting quietly at home way too much. As a consequence, kids get addicted, it isn't really a surprise. But then again, parents are addicted to TV and social media too.
Fortnite sucks in my opinion, but seems like 8-13 year old kids love it.

I currently have a six year old who is very curios and explorative. He sometimes use my phone to play games but not to a point where he gets addicted and can't stop. But still, it really gives me a headache when I see him holding my phone and just trying to explore it. So, I feel bad for those parents who are forced to send their kids to fortnite rehab (if it were true). I know to some degree parents are responsible why these kids turn out like this but kids nowadays are really very different so we should be really careful.

I can't blame them. Some kids are really addicted to Fortnite. Their education has been compromised.

I have 7 year old son and he’s very exposed to technologies all the time. He can watch on YouTube about series of games and he plays it later. He can only play every weekends and only maximum of 6 hours a day. During weekdays , he is not allowed to play games. This is how we set up rules to him to avoid addiction.

Extreme playing games is very common with kids nowadays but sending them top rehab is too much. It’s not just about “fortnite” but to other games as well. Parents should know how to discipline their kids. It is best if they set up limits on their kid’s time on playing games and put parental controls on it. Sending your own kid to ‘rehab’ is ridiculous. Do your jobs as a parent, always take time to teach your child to know what is too much? Don’t wait for them to be addicted and send them to rehab. Start and do your job as a parent as soon as possible.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back