Parents sending their kids to 'Fortnite Rehab'

Came across this read. Fortnite addiction sending kids to gaming rehab

Personally, I could never get into Fortnite. I wasn't very good at it, particularly the clunky building aspect. But I find it crazy that parents are sending their kids into a 'rehab' of sorts instead of just taking away their kids access to gaming for a while. Whatever happened to good ole fashioned parenting?

Well, I'm always of the opinion that too much gaming addiction have a serious impact in the lives of people involved. So, I'm not surprised getting to hear about such stories. It's painful because these parents are the ones that brought the problem for themselves by allowing their kids to get hooked up too deep in such games.

I was never a fan of Fortnite. It's just so shocking that parents send their children to a rehab. Perhaps they have done the best they could to get them away from it but failed.

It's a sad reality that children these days are more active and mature at an early age. It is always better to give guidance and correct a child behavior to spare him from trouble. I think adults should limit the exposure of gadgets to young ones. It is also better to be responsible and disciplinary in every action. Parents should also act as a good example for their kids.

I was never a fan of Fortnite. It's just so shocking that parents send their children to a rehab. Perhaps they have done the best they could to get them away from it but failed.

Some people have restrain problems. I've witnessed some people regressed so bad to a point of paranoia. Gaming is very dangerous and damaging if you are not careful with how you use it.

It is surprising to me that there is a rehab for Fortnight?! I know it's popular with over 140 million users, but seriously? I had to look this up and found an article on the topic. Apparently in the U.K, a 9 year old girl was sent to rehab for her Fortnite addiction after wetting herself instead of stopping the game - and then attacking her parents when they tried to take the game away. So not specifically a rehab for gaming - phew!

Yeah, I never got into fortnite myself and probably never will. It just isn't my type of game, though I didn't think people would have to go to rehab for it.

Yeah, I never got into fortnite myself and probably never will. It just isn't my type of game, though I didn't think people would have to go to rehab for it.
Agreed. Parents, get control of what your freaking kids are doing on the computer!

When a gamer plays a game to the point of being paranoid as a result of the gamers addiction to the said game, then it's very much possible to have him being sent to rehab.

This is getting ridiculous. Just let kids be kids. The Fortnite craze will end eventually.

I totally agree with you.

Many parents are directly interfering in the natural development of children and this is a very worrying situation because the results can only be seen - usually - years later.

I totally agree with you.

Many parents are directly interfering in the natural development of children and this is a very worrying situation because the results can only be seen - usually - years later.

Still, I believe that the kids needs some sort of control or guidance in life. They are not really equipped at such a young age to make the best decisions for themselves.

Still, I believe that the kids needs some sort of control or guidance in life. They are not really equipped at such a young age to make the best decisions for themselves.

Of course. Parents need to be parents, and kids need to be kids. Parents need to balance freedom with guidance. If you are to strict with your kids, they will always find ways around it. Always.

Of course. Parents need to be parents, and kids need to be kids. Parents need to balance freedom with guidance. If you are to strict with your kids, they will always find ways around it. Always.

Agreed. Being too strick is way out of the line on how to train and bring up a child. Most kids subjected to such firm home training normally end up having some sort of psychological problems.

I love Fortnite. I think it's a great game but I do think some youngsters are absolutely addicted to the game. However, I don't agree with sending these kids to "Fortnite rehab". A lot of these programs are there to take your money. They are basically scams. Ultimately, as a parent, the control is with you. If you gave them specific times/controlled how they used their technology, you wouldn't have problems with them being addicted to the game.

Current generation is being affected with games more. And there is something that needs to be done. In order to open youtube channel and make money they are kind of sacrificing everything. I guess they should instead spend time studying and having healthy life ahead. Because there is going to be a cost for their gaming habit.

In order to open youtube channel and make money they are kind of sacrificing everything

If you have a YouTube channel and are making enough money to support yourself, that's fantastic. But man you don't want to drop out of college to pursue YouTube before you're making money off it.

Last edited:

Yes, I agree with that, too.

They really need to be guided by who cares for them, but at times they'll need to act on their own (even if the results are not the best). I think it's a fine line that is difficult to trace.

If you have YouTube channel and are making enough money to support yourself, that's fantastic. But man you don't want to drop out of college to pursue YouTube before you're making money off it.
Exactly. Most of the kids are doing that. And when they reach 20s, they may or may not have the money. And they don't have the education either. So that's kind of disappointing to see how kids are destroying their youth and educational life. along with any career that can happen in their early times.

Yes, I agree with that, too.

They really need to be guided by who cares for them, but at times they'll need to act on their own (even if the results are not the best). I think it's a fine line that is difficult to trace.

I really don't think that it's too difficult to trace or pinpoint the line at which it's paramount the parents step in and veto how the child plays video games. I believe that the signs would be very obvious at such time. Such as the kids lack of focus, concentration and spikes in attitude.

Want my honest opinion? It's absolutely ridiculous and wrong in so many ways. Let kids be kids the fashion will past, just like Minecraft.

I'm not a parent although if you think this an issue what about turning of the Internet as a whole? Even restricting them access to Fortnite Epic Games servers with parental controls through your router settings?

I really don't think that it's too difficult to trace or pinpoint the line at which it's paramount the parents step in and veto how the child plays video games. I believe that the signs would be very obvious at such time. Such as the kids lack of focus, concentration and spikes in attitude.

Yes, some of the signs are really obvious. but what bothers me in this situation is the neglect of many parents with regard to them. When they want to try to fix the problem, it may be too late.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back