Paper Beast Review Thread "A jaw-dropping science fiction tale"

Nat

Trophies

Metacritic | Opencritic

Releases tomorrow on PSVR

PlayStation Universe 9.5/10
Paper Beast is a jaw-dropping science fiction tale that immerses the player in a unique, visionary world. Though its puzzles can feel abstract at times, the rewards for completing them are great. Paper Beast is a benchmark in VR game design. This is a game that people will be talking about in thirty years.
The Digital Fix 9/10
Paper Beast blew me away. It was not what I was expecting at all and it challenged me, not too much but just enough to get my brain working. Its beautiful, it sounds amazing and its a game like no other on PlayStation VR. If you want to play something a bit different, just go and buy it. It will not be everyone's cup of tea but I can see a lot of people really enjoying it. I did.
Push Square 7/10
Some of the puzzles are a little too obtuse, but overall the freedom you're given to experiment leads to a greatly unique experience. The Sandbox mode adds some longevity, and allows you to really tinker with all the game's elements. We're not sure we'd call this an absolute must-have, but it's utterly unique and captivating in a way only VR games can be.
GameSpew 8/10
Paper Beast isn’t perfect; like a dream, the game just ends without warning. But the trip is such a joyous, meditative experience it’s worth this parting burst of confusion. If you’ve got a PSVR, Paper Beast should be high on your to-play list.
Daily Star 5/5 (header shows 4/5?)
Whilst a little tricky at times, Paper Beast is an experience every PSVR owner should play at some point as it is quite simply a one-of-a-kind experience.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back