Price: $29.99 USD
Player(s): 1
Format: Digital
Developer/Publisher: Pixel Reef
Size: 5.8GB

Deco.gif

FEhtWjN.png

What is Paper Beast?
Paper Beast is a VR-exclusive adventure where you progress through a first person campaign that simulates a virtual ecosystem. You’ll also get to experiment with that ecosystem in a sandbox mode where you can spawn all sorts of creatures and shape the world to your whims.

Simulates a virtual ecosystem?
Yes, the creatures in this world all have their own properties and life cycles that interact and play off each other and the environment. It carries on the philosophies from Eric Chahi’s previous games like From Dust where the world strives to feel like a real place and one you can interact with.

How long is the game?
The campaign should take 3-6 hours depending on how much you interact with the game world. You’ll also find collectables to unlock more items in the sandbox so there is incentive to revisit the game if you choose.

Is the game a passive experience?
No, you’ll go hands on with puzzles that interact with the creatures and physics of the world.

Is the game enhanced on PS4 Pro?
The game will run at a higher resolution with additional water, light and particle effects on the PS4 Pro.

Will Paper Beast eventually come to other VR platforms?
Yes, but there’s no set date when it will happen.

Physical release?
Not off the table but nothing confirmed as of writing.

anFbkP4.png

WBavE8Z.png

yp8QPut.png

AUaBQeF.png

KdUkB9U.png

3OEOIOe.png

Metacritic | Opencritic

PlayStation Universe 9.5/10

Paper Beast is a jaw-dropping science fiction tale that immerses the player in a unique, visionary world. Though its puzzles can feel abstract at times, the rewards for completing them are great. Paper Beast is a benchmark in VR game design. This is a game that people will be talking about in thirty years.​
Paper Beast blew me away. It was not what I was expecting at all and it challenged me, not too much but just enough to get my brain working. Its beautiful, it sounds amazing and its a game like no other on PlayStation VR. If you want to play something a bit different, just go and buy it. It will not be everyone's cup of tea but I can see a lot of people really enjoying it. I did.​
Some of the puzzles are a little too obtuse, but overall the freedom you're given to experiment leads to a greatly unique experience. The Sandbox mode adds some longevity, and allows you to really tinker with all the game's elements. We're not sure we'd call this an absolute must-have, but it's utterly unique and captivating in a way only VR games can be.​

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back