Outriders delayed to 2021, free next-gen upgrade

outriders-delayed-2021.jpg

Outriders has been delayed to 2021, Square Enix and People Can Fly have confirmed.

The title was originally scheduled for a holiday 2020 release but has now been pushed to February 2021. Moreover, it will offer free current- to next-gen upgrade at release and will also offer up cross-play across all platforms: PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Series S, Stadia and Windows PC.

Jon Brooke, Co-Head of Studio at Square Enix External Studios, said:
We’re very happy to announce that we can offer full cross-play support and a free next-gen upgrade plan for Outriders players. The great thing about this system is that even if you’re not picking up your PS5 or XSX quite yet, we’ve got you covered and there’s no need to wait. If you buy the current-gen version of Outriders, we’ll give you the next-gen version for free.

Outriders heads to PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Series S and Windows PC on 2 February 2021, followed by a Stadia release.

Nice they are doing a next gen upgrade for it for free. Not many games are doing that right now.

I hope this game does well but Im sooo burnt out on looters man.

Last one I REALLYYY put hundreds of hours into was Anthem

I hope this game does well but Im sooo burnt out on looters man.

Last one I REALLYYY put hundreds of hours into was Anthem
It's a shame Anthem encountered all them problems at the start otherwise it could have been something great. I hope Outriders doesn't follow the same fate as Anthem.

It's a shame Anthem encountered all them problems at the start otherwise it could have been something great. I hope Outriders doesn't follow the same fate as Anthem.
it really is a shame.

That was gonna be MY GAMEEEE.

As in the one game I come home from work and just play for years and years to come (Kinda like how some see Overwatch)

and the game just...fell flat on its face.

Heart breaking :(

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back