OtakuGame! - Test your anime knowledge

I gave it a go, though my anime knowledge isn’t that great haha. But good efforts for a weekend task!

Haha, yeah. Some of my otaku friends were struggling a bit because the answer is not always the first name or a character and thus is hard to decipher.

It's good you've made it challenging, it makes the game more fun to complete.

How did you make it? I'm super impressed with this! Great work!
My score was pretty low, anyway, but it's a great game!

How did you make it? I'm super impressed with this! Great work!
My score was pretty low, anyway, but it's a great game!

Glad to know you liked it!
It is made with just plain vanilla javascript, nothing fancy, it is basically just a static page.
Logic works like this:

- There is a list of questions
- When pressing the button, 1 question is taken randomly from the list.
- The question has a reference to its answer.
- On every iteration, there is a temporary list of answer options.
- The answer options include a mix of 1 right option and 3 random wrong options.
- If you press the right option, you get a point, if you press the wrong option, you lose 2 points.

There are probably much better ways of doing it of course (it is my first time making a quiz game XD)

There are a bunch of things that are possible to do to make the game harder/better (like having more than one right answer per question and choice randomly in every repetition).

Python:
print("Huh, how interesting.")
print("I thought it may have been written in Python.")
print("But javaScript is also good too.")

What kind of game is this? It continues to go on and on just does not stop lol. I think my knowledge of anime is okayish.

Oh, it does have an end. Maybe I should add some counter of the questions that are left, so it doesn't feel like endless.

Right now it ends after at question 120, so you need to play around 4 or 5 min to get to that point.

Yeah kind of confusing to be honest. It shows up and down arrow but not score counter easy to understand. Rest is fun.

Yeah, I am trying to keep very minimal on purpose (many Japanese games are like that, especially online versions of games like shogi).

I just added a global counter so it is possible to see now how many questions are left.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back