[OT] Capcom to release the Resident Evil 4 remake 24/03/2023

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
Pretty impressive trailer. Looks like RE4 (2023) will be scarier than the original.

Leon Kennedy looks the same as he did in the RE2 remake, though.

This should be fantastic, chaps. I'm glad Capcom is remaking this classic title.

Same here, as the original was not very terrifying. Even if the original is still the canonical version, this will make for a great, separate experience. The 2005 version was known for its OTT, Indiana Jones meets Leatherface approach.

Kind of too zany for me, and absolutely deviated away from the core base.

To be honest, the original Resident Evil 4 left me stunned in amazement. It was a terrific action game, but it deviated from the horror-centered approach the series was known for. At the time, I was fine with that and enjoyed that treasure of a game for what it was.

The impression I got from this trailer is that this adaptation might give us more horror than action. This would make a good balance between the two games - go play the original if you want more action, and play the remake if you want something more spooky. It should be a real treat!

Last edited:
In my opinion, RE4 kind of rendered the other storylines from before a bit of a waste of time. You were introduced to all of these protagonists through 0 to RE3. In general, they made an oath to stop Umbrella after they survived their respective ordeals. So there probably should have been one final game about that company being confronted, and being eliminated. However, RE4 just begins with a brief explanation that they went bankrupt. It just didn't feel very satisfactory.

There is a rail shooter that was originally released on the Wii, and it's on the PS3 too. The Umbrella Chronicles. It has these retelling segments of a few of the prior games, but there is an original story as well about Chris and Jill stopping Umbrella in Russia. This takes place in the year 2003. But the game kind of sucks, as it's basically a shooting game with nothing remotely scary about it.

I just think they should have ended the primary arc more decisively. But it is what it is. And now, all they do is mention Umbrella, because they know if they keep doing this, the fans will long for a conclusion. But they do it so gradually, that you start to believe they're just doing it for the hell of things.

Frankly, I just hope this isn't some kind of gimpy, cash-grab effort and Capcom does right by the fans. I've been a follower of the series since 2003. the same year Resident Evil Outbreak released. I even ran a video game website for a while, but I shut it down years ago. Ah, the good old days! Long past but never forgotten.

What site was that?

Do you think Ingrid will still be in the game? She's the woman with glasses, who contacts Leon in RE4, 6, and two of the animated movies.

There's always the possibility until we learn otherwise that Hunnigan could appear in the remake. But that's just a minor detail.

Edit: I forgot to answer your question: I ran a small website called Citizen Wicked back in the day.

Last edited:
Ah, okay. When I saw the word gimpy and all that, I got a bit worried. :D

There was a user here who was banned, named Rub. But "Gimpy" is usually the name he uses to bother me online.

Has some crazy YouTube channel that is devoted to "trying" to offend me. He wanted me included in the new Resident Evil game, as a guy from Ghana. I start the game off with just a hatchet and a banana. :D

Anyway, I wonder if the game will include the original or Resident Evil Village version of the Merchant. You never really know with Capcom, though.

The Merchant is from RE4. The Duke's first game was RE8. So it will be the original merchant, I suppose.

Yes, chap. But my musing was on whether they will use The Duke instead of the other merchant we were introduced to in Resident Evil 4. Capcom might just scrap the slim merchant and go with the obese one without any explanation for the change.

They'll probably have to keep the original merchant, or it would mess up the continuity set by the original game.

The Duke is a totally different character, even if his job is essentially to sell you items as well. He even joked about knowing the vendor from RE4. :D

He says to Ethan Winters at one point...

"What are ya buying? Ha. Just something an old friend used to say!" ;)

I'm sure they will rub out a lot of existing content for this remake, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did break continuity. I'm fine with that as long as it serves some bigger purpose or that it makes the game better.

I hope I can acquire a PS5 for the RE4 remake by next year, or in early 2023.

Apparently, the stock is still limited. My sister had to buy one from Sony's manufacturer.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back