Ori and the Will of the Wisps may run at 120FPS on Xbox Series X

Ori-and-the-Will-of-the-Wisps_Cave_Screenshot.jpg

Ori and the Will of the Wisps may run at 120FPS on Xbox Series X according to an interview with Moon Studios’ Thomas Mahler.

One of the things that I’d like to see that I really liked from Microsoft — that they’ve been pushing — is 120 frames[-per-second]. I think that’s amazing. There are more TVs coming out that support 120Hz, and that might be something that we’ll look into.
~Mahler

Moon Studios remains fixed on the lunch of Will of the Wisps rather than the holiday 2020 season.

Honest to God, we are not in that mindset yet. We’re just trying to ship Will of the Wisps; we just hope Will of the Wisps will be successful and then we’ll take a look.
Mahler confirmed that Moon Studios is a first-party studio that doesn’t “even have Xbox Series X dev kits or anything yet.”.

Microsoft confirmed that the Xbox One version of Will of the Wisps will able cross-play on the Xbox Series X and will benefit from “steadier framerates, faster load times and improved resolution and visual fidelity.”.

Ori and The Will of the Wisps will be available on Xbox One and Windows PC from March 11. It will be part of the Xbox Game Pass program. Xbox Series X is expected in the holiday 2020 season.

This is a pretty basic game, so I really doubt there is a need to go beyond 60FPS. Whatever the case, the game will always look amazing.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back