One less reason to buy an SNES Classic

LividJay

Trophies

Apparently, the list of games that will be available on the Switch is very close to those included on the SNES Classic. I already bought the classic and have no idea if/when I'll get a switch, so it's fine. Any of you have a Switch and SNES Classic or considering them?

I dare say the SNES Classic can be jailbroken to play more games, but then, there's other options out there if you wanted to do that.. :sneaky:

I have neither, I use my hacked Wii as a retro games console..

I dare say the SNES Classic can be jailbroken to play more games, but then, there's other options out there if you wanted to do that.. :sneaky:

I have neither, I use my hacked Wii as a retro games console..
Indeed, there's a few options out there that allow you to add more ROMs and whatnot. I'm currently exploring that for my streams as I will be attempting to learn how to do Kaizo.

I'm interested in something that can play NES, Sega, SNES etc ROM's.

Is there a device on the market which can be adapted to allow me to do that?

Depends on exactly what you want, but for a very reasonable price point I'd suggest looking at either a Nintendo Wii for a home console, or a Sony PSP (original) as a portable.. They each have their quirks, but their overall experiences are more than adequate.

I think some people just like the classic controllers of SNES. Anyway, as the article says, the games on SNES will be on Switch anyhow - so a lot of people have no reason to get an SNES.

I get the feeling that these hardware emulators in a pretty plastic box and is meant to pluck the heartstrings of the '80s and 90's kids are owe most of there existence to the emulator groups that made the emulators in the first place that allowed those older systems to be revied effectively. I mean I think it was Sony who was caught out using from images that came from pirated sources (yes they own the licenses and all that but they went to an emulator site and "borrowed" their images rather than dumping their own master copies for it.

Aside from that the limited game selections on them are a just the last nail in the coffin for me on them as the free ones can at least play most of the games that where around for them rather than the 20 or so the sony team could get to work without them breaking the emulator they used. They tend to be somewhat picky and can need setting up for each game individually however most hardware ones don't allow you to edit any settings at all so it really is a hope it works type deal as if it does not then it won't be able to ever.

My Sega is still around, so I'm definitely looking forward to something that can play it as well.

As time goes on the Classic is less likely to be sold as well. I have seen some of the people focusing on Switch right now. I think hardware emulators need to be upgraded and have to support some of the old games. Who knows there would be more games that may launch but based on what I have seen so far.

I own both the Nes and Snes mini. It's like £100 for 55 albeit old games. The emulation is pretty good and the console form factor is decent. You don't need to look any further. I have attempted pc emulation on games I own to take them on the go, I had zsnes and gens at one time but the reality is I would rather play newer games unless a mate comes round - in which case having the mini consoles themselves or Sega classics collection on ps4 are a better option.

As for me it's fine to have both the SNES classic and Switch most especially if you are freak of the games and financially capable. I personally don,'t have both yet but may consider so. I would like see the upgraded versions of these games.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back