News Ohlana, Twitch streamer, passes away at 26 from suicide

Clout

Trophies
Ohlana was a popular personality who had recently hit 100,000 followers on Twitch, often either playing CS:GO or 'in real life' travelling streams.

However, concerns were raised for the Canadian-Vietnamese streamer after she had posted a series of concerning tweets and Instagram stories to her social media channels.

Her final tweet read "it’s not anybody’s fault." Her previous tweet, on July 6, said "depressed people struggle to reach out in fear the ones closest to them will have cops show up and forcefully confine them against their will. So they’re stuck feeling alone with their dark thoughts because they don’t want to be trapped where they just feel worse."

In her Instagram story on July 6, she posted a statement, which now appears to be her final message before taking her life.

"I have cried, loved, and shared so many great memories with so many of you who are still or used to be in my life. I thank all of you for letting me. I look back in awe of all the opportunities I have been given in my life and I am appreciative. From surviving off video games to travelling the world on an impulse... but most importantly all of the people I've met during this run."

ohlana-instagrma-statmenet.jpg

This is just so fucking sad.

R.I.P. Ohlana. This is truly awful news. :(
Last week Reckful passed away to suicide, and this week, Ohlana passed away from suicide too.
2020 really is the year that keeps throwing everything at us without giving us any time to catch a break or mourn.

Her final tweet is quite chilling, talking about how depressed people struggle to reach out and are stuck alone with their dark thoughts. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like anyone was able to help her.

26 years is too early to get depressed and also suicide especially when you are successful is kind of sad. I mean you are earning good money and you can find meaning of the life in it. But it seems like you had other plans and you did that. I wonder how other game streamers think on that line of thinking.

Awful news. I agree with her tweet though. There have to be better ways for people to get support without the cops needing to get involved.

Awful news. I agree with her tweet though. There have to be better ways for people to get support without the cops needing to get involved.
Yeah, I second this. We need a better support system for people who struggle. The current offers aren't enough.

I knew a guy years ago on some RE forums. I think he used the name Kendo, and also Kenneth J. Sullivan. Then I found out he committed suicide. I don't remember the exact year, but this was years ago. But I do recall he defended me during a bad time in my life. People apparently found out from his Facebook. My sister's ex died in 2017 because he couldn't see my nephew. I never did like social workers...

I knew a guy years ago on some RE forums. I think he used the name Kendo, and also Kenneth J. Sullivan. Then I found out he committed suicide. I don't remember the exact year, but this was years ago. But I do recall he defended me during a bad time in my life. People apparently found out from his Facebook. My sister's ex died in 2017 because he couldn't see my nephew. I never did like social workers...
We all of people go through something and there is not much we can do the way world works. Its just that we have to live the life of less expectations. And that seems to be the way ahead and we can always have better options if we have enough patience. but some people make choices and we never know.

That's what they are all told to say when they are about to be taken into WITSEC...I kid, I kid, RIP!

It's so sad, like we need better support for people who are in need of help, there just seems to be a lack in that atm. Hopefully things improve.

It's so sad, like we need better support for people who are in need of help, there just seems to be a lack in that atm.
I think judgement, and too much expectations from the life is what gets us the most. And that is what leads us to the suicide. I can tell you from the experience that a lot of youtubers and the streamers who are used to seeing big numbers. I think they kind of suffer a lot of depression as they get success.

I didn't even know who or what this streamer is but damn, SHe's still young at age 26 and she's no longer on this earth. It's sad to see this. Maybe streaming wasn't a good idea and made her what she was becoming, then again We don't know what her family was like and what support she had or not had.

I didn't even know who or what this streamer is but damn, SHe's still young at age 26 and she's no longer on this earth. It's sad to see this. Maybe streaming wasn't a good idea and made her what she was becoming, then again We don't know what her family was like and what support she had or not had.
There are many other streamers who commited suicide. I remember one youtuber who lost his adsense account commited suicide at the age of 21. The reason being he earned pretty good and then sudden loss of income. He had no skills other than vlog and other stuff he used to do. So kind of like rash decision for many.

Depression doesn't discriminate based on your age or physical wellbeing. The sad truth is it can affect anyone and there's no set age for it.
Sometimes people get support, and sometimes they still go through with their actions even when they had support. There needs to be more avenues to mental health and mental awareness.

I think many depressive deaths by streamers are due to the demanding schedule and the money. money once they tasted and realized the power of it. makes them do things they don't want to do. and they are continue to get into the dark spiral of it. so I think that is the most strong reason among streamers. rest the trolling and bad comments hardly matter as streamers get used to it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back