News Nvidia GeForce RTX 30 shortage unlikely to ease soon

Tek

Trophies
WzAAuMfJMsEefQQcLL6An-970-80.jpg

Do you want the good news or the bad news first? I'm going to make the call for you, my rhetorical friend: The bad news is that Nvidia's GPU supply will continue to be royally screwed (a suddenly more now phrase...) throughout the rest of the year. Digitimes (via Sweclockers) is reporting that, despite Nvidia's own hints to the contrary, the graphics card shortage isn't going to be eased by Q3 this year.

Personally, I always like to get the bad news out the way first and leave on a high; that whole peak-end effect is real.

Back in January Nvidia's CFO, Collette Kress, said that "we expect overall channel inventories… will likely remain lean throughout Q1," with the intimation that moving into Q2 things would potentially look brighter.

Now, Nvidia calculates quarters slightly differently to, well, everyone else, and so the green team's calendar has Q1 finishing at the end of April. The second of Nvidia's quarters then runs from May to July.

*sigh* I really want to build my PC. Doesn’t seem to be happening any time soon.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back