Opinion No Microsoft! That's a bad Microsoft!!!

Nicodemous52

Trophies
Damn it Microsoft... Stop forcing your garbage on me! I saw you had a chrome based version of edge, guess what, I actively chose to not download it. I was perfectly happy using the old edge as my back up browser to Brave. But, with Brave also being chrome based, why would I want to use Edge as my back up now? Guess I'll go back to Firefox being second banana, and Edge will never be touched again.

This is exactly why I may consider running Linux in the next rig, because I grow so tired of Microsoft's bullshit...

You might not even need to download it LOL, It's built into the system. If you had big WIndows 10 updates edge of would come in already. And not to mention that Edge is just a new style browser and a new name of the older browser.

But I can say that I love the new then the old, the new is like how chrome is :) and use less PC resources

This is exactly why I may consider running Linux in the next rig, because I grow so tired of Microsoft's bullshit...

Solid choice, I've been a Linux user for over 15 years (in spite of presently using a Win10 PC, my laptop is sitting next to me running PoP_OS and would advocate that anyone make the switch!

As for Chromium-based browsers, well...unfortunately that's just the way things are going at the moment. I have Brave, WaterFox (Chromium) and WaterFox Classic (Gecko) in rotation just to offer some options, but more and more are built around chromium, so it's limiting choices and innovation.

It's not as great as Chrome but for me, it's not too bad as a secondary browser. I tend to use it to access certain sites and to test out my online projects from a different browser

If you really want, if you didn't know, explorer is still in windows 10. In fact, you may have access to a lot of apps you didn't even realize.

If you type this into your file explorer:

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}

It will open up a secret folder that will allow you to create shortcuts for pretty much any app on your computer. You might be shocked at some of the things you have on there and didn't even realize. I know I had a lot more apps then I was aware of.

You might not even need to download it LOL, It's built into the system. If you had big WIndows 10 updates edge of would come in already. And not to mention that Edge is just a new style browser and a new name of the older browser.

But I can say that I love the new then the old, the new is like how chrome is :) and use less PC resources
I didn't need to download it, they forced it on me with the latest update. I can still use the old edge icon if I really want, but it just opens up the new edge. The old edge is totally gone. They still have Explorer on there, but they totally removed old edge. Other than the icon.

Yeah their browsers are built into the system, sadly but the best thing we can do is hide it, till it forces itself to pop up.

Once you go Linux you will never go back, which is a good thing ;)

This is a little beyond the scope of your OP but coming from a Linux background, sometimes it is nice to have some tools that are only built for Windows (Or even MacOS). For me, I use linux (Manjaro) as my base OS and if I ever need to use Windows or Mac, I use KVM and create a Windows virtual machine, and a Mac VM.

Doing it this way, I do not leak any information that Microsoft is scraping as I only use it for a few things (Steam mostly) Nor do I have any personal info on this Windows VM. Check out this build if you like the idea :)

I didn't need to download it, they forced it on me with the latest update. I can still use the old edge icon if I really want, but it just opens up the new edge. The old edge is totally gone. They still have Explorer on there, but they totally removed old edge. Other than the icon.
Same the old is gone, can't even get to use it anymore

Once you go Linux you will never go back, which is a good thing ;)

This is a little beyond the scope of your OP but coming from a Linux background, sometimes it is nice to have some tools that are only built for Windows (Or even MacOS). For me, I use linux (Manjaro) as my base OS and if I ever need to use Windows or Mac, I use KVM and create a Windows virtual machine, and a Mac VM.

Doing it this way, I do not leak any information that Microsoft is scraping as I only use it for a few things (Steam mostly) Nor do I have any personal info on this Windows VM. Check out this build if you like the idea :)

I've used Linux at school, though I want to use it, it lacks features that windows has.

I've used Linux at school, though I want to use it, it lacks features that windows has.
Depending on what you're looking to do, most Linux distros are more or less feature compatible with Windows these days.

I actually took the time to send Microsoft feed back that was basically the same thing I posted here, except I said I may use Mac or Linux, which was a bold faced lie. I'd never go to Mac. I have no idea why people pay so much money and have so much love for a company that whom whoever you take you product in to be repaired pretty much always tell you it can't be done and you need a new one, or charge you a outrageous fee for the most basic of simple fixes. A company that does everything it can to stop anyone from helping you fix your product, when they refuse to do it themselves.

Microsoft is the lesser evil when compared to Mac.

I actually took the time to send Microsoft feed back that was basically the same thing I posted here, except I said I may use Mac or Linux, which was a bold faced lie. I'd never go to Mac. I have no idea why people pay so much money and have so much love for a company that whom whoever you take you product in to be repaired pretty much always tell you it can't be done and you need a new one, or charge you a outrageous fee for the most basic of simple fixes. A company that does everything it can to stop anyone from helping you fix your product, when they refuse to do it themselves.

Microsoft is the lesser evil when compared to Mac.

I agree on this, as much as I hate Windows.. I would choose it anyday over MacOS. Though some of the security features built into Macs is nice, not a chance it is worth the money IMHO. Though recently I did see a clip of someone using the new iOS operating system, and with its privacy features it was detecting TikTok copying your clipboard on your phone, regardless of what app you are using at the time. Why you would even have TikTok on your phone is beyond me but you know what I am saying. This feature alone though, is not enough for me to ever want an iPhone again.

Fans of Apple are seriously cult like..

We have Windows 8.1 & they installed Edge to 'try out'. I deleted immediately & they asked why, I said Didn't want it! We have a laptop for 10; doesn't give option to delete. I hate that!

Been using Linux since the late 2000's, and never looked back.

I've always been a microsoft boi, just because it's "easy" ?
I haven't experimented with Linux yet, because I can't dedicate time to study it yet. ?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back