Nintendo will not be getting new Switch model in 2020

dockless-switch-bundle.jpg

Nintendo confirms there are no plans for new Nintendo Switch model coming in 2020.

Shuntaro Furukawa, Nintendo President:
“Regarding Nintendo Switch, we believe that it is important to continue to communicate the appeal of both Nintendo Swith systems and expand the installed base. Please note that we have no plans to launch a new Nintendo Switch Model during 2020.”
Nintendo has released the Switch Lite and a model with an improved battery recently. Furthermore, there will be an Animal Crossing: New Horizon inspired Switch console releasing in March.

Fine with me, nothing worse than them coming out with a new one that makes my current one obsolete or no longer worth the money.

I think they should wait to see how PS 5 performs and then move on with their new design with better hardware specs. I think that is how it should be done.

I think they should wait to see how PS 5 performs and then move on with their new design with better hardware specs. I think that is how it should be done.

That's true. Rushing ahead won't be a good idea for Nintendo, but I don't want to buy a new product and then find out that the old Switch is outdated.

They don't need to, the Switch doesn't even match the current Xbox or PS4 in power. Nintendo will keep on doing what they do and make money.

It doesn't compete with mainstream consoles but it does compete with the wallet. So it kind of keeps many people away from the portable model.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back