New Mass Effect in production with veteran team

mass-effect-mud-skipper.jpg

Update: The new Mass Effect title has officially been confirmed and will be a continuation of the main Mass Effect trilogy rather than Mass Effect Andromeda.

A teaser trailer was dropped at last week’s Game Awards. You can check it out below.

Original story: A new Mass Effect game is in production and will feature a "veteran team" from the company, EA and BioWare have confirmed.

Casey Hudson at BioWare wrote:
Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can’t say any more just yet, but we’re looking forward to sharing our vision for where we’ll be going next.

The post was accompanied by a piece of artwork (above) which seems to indicate the vehicle shown inside it is called a “mud skipper”.

We'll keep you posted on the next Mass Effect as information becomes available. EA and BioWare also announced that Mass Effect Legendary Edition, a bundle of Mass Effect 1-3 on PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC, is coming in 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, hoping it doesn't follow the same path Andromeda did and expands on the ME Universe in a positive way. Maybe we see how societies rebuild after the collapse of the citadel and the mass relays? Would be nice to see how things go there!

Agreed, hoping it doesn't follow the same path Andromeda did and expands on the ME Universe in a positive way. Maybe we see how societies rebuild after the collapse of the citadel and the mass relays? Would be nice to see how things go there!

usually games will follow the path of the last successful game, which isn't always a good thing.

usually games will follow the path of the last successful game, which isn't always a good thing.
Agreed, sometimes you can ruin a great game with a terrible sequel (Last of Us...)! I'm just hoping they learned a lesson or two from Andromeda and Anthem and make this one good. I'm itching for a good Bioware RPG to hit again, it's something that's been sorely missing on this generation of consoles.

The first game is the reason I bought a Xbox 360. I love this series, the first one being one of my favorite games of all time. Hoping this turns out good.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back