Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR1000 includes WiFi 6, DumaOS 3.0

netgear-nighthawk-pro-gaming-xr1000.jpg

Netgear has detailed the Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR1000 WiFi 6 AX5400 router and it includes WiFi 6 and Duma OS 3.0.

In a press released, Netgear said:
Equipped with the latest WiFi 6 technology, XR1000 is designed specifically to improve performance and reduce network latency when it comes to the gaming environment. Further, it will also enhance the overall home networking experience for every connected device. To further boost the gaming experience and give gamers the best gaming connection possible, the DumaOS 3.0 software includes new top features, such as: customisable Geo-Fencing, Ping Heatmap, Application QoS with Bandwidth Allocation, Connection Benchmark, and Traffic Controller.

David Henry, senior vice president of Connected Home Products for NETGEAR, said:
Netgear is pleased to introduce the latest addition to the Nighthawk Pro Gaming Franchise developed to enhance the online gaming experience and provide improved network performance for an entire household of connected devices. Nighthawk has long been trusted as a performance line of routers that can be depended on for online gaming. Now with the DumaOS 3.0 software and the ultimate WiFi 6 hardware solution, the network will be equipped to handle the load of multiple streaming screens and gaming platforms without compromising on bandwidth or ping rates.

The company says its new router can improve WiFi performance by up to 40% and reduce the ping rates by up to 93%.

Netgear’s press release continued:
The dual-band WiFi 6 AX5400 allows for more devices to connect and stream simultaneously, without impacting speed or reliability. The Five (5) 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports (1 WAN and 4 LAN) and powerful 1.5GHz Triple-Coreprocessor support more devices for better VR gaming, 4K streaming and more while boosting both wireless, wired, and USB performance.

The Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR1000 WiFi 6 AX5400 router heads to retail stores later in 2020 and will be priced at $349.99 USD.

I spent three years taking networking class and I don't know half of those terms they just used :p

I'm just glad I could finally hardware all my tech.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back