Netflix's Resident Evil

Bur

Apr 25, 2022

This looks like Resident Evil for fake fans of the series, chaps. This stinky mess will undoubtedly be canceled shortly after it airs. Seriously, how does this follow the games other than the inclusion of vague references? Pass.

Tommy Walls

Jun 15, 2019
I'll give it a chance. But I really do feel as if Capcom has milked this franchise something terrible.

Rip and I were discussing this on Biohaze today, because I don't know what to think anymore. Like, how many times does Capcom have to return to Raccoon City? :D

OK. It appears they've rebuilt the city, so I guess it's technically not the same city. But even so. They've been going back to Raccoon City so many times since they blew it up in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. Like with all these spin off games, movies, and remakes, there never seemed to ever be an end to it. Plus, those Wii shooters that retold the events of those games, also included Raccoon City.

It feels as if they cannot move things ahead in a way that's not openly milking it. Even though, yes, they're moving things ahead to the 2030s.

It's just insane! 😑

Bur

Apr 25, 2022
It's fine if they return to Raccoon City, but this would have been way more interesting if it focused on the Spencer Mansion incident from the first entry in the game series. That could make for an excellent limited series event instead of this botched adaptation.