NeoGAF bans me for telling the truth

Jedi

Trophies
I just got banned on NeoGAF because I told another member that the government wasn’t hiding alien bodies. They must think that I clearly lack the capacity to discuss hypothetical topics in a friendly, calm and rational manner. That forum should be called ResetEra 2.0 after all the bans they are handing out. Has anyone here had a similar issue with them too?

neogaf-bans.png

It’s just a little too extreme to ban me for speaking my mind. Am I not allowed free speech now!? It’s not like I was being rude or insulting or broke any forum rule. I’m sort of glad I’ve been banned tbh so I don’t waste any of my time on a forum like that.

It’s just a little too extreme to ban me for speaking my mind. Am I not allowed free speech now!? It’s not like I was being rude or insulting or broke any forum rule. I’m sort of glad I’ve been banned tbh so I don’t waste any of my time on a forum like that.
I thought NeoGAF is dying? Why would anyone still contribute on there? It baffles me it’s still up and running. Last time I heard the owner, Tyler Malka, was going to sell the forum to the highest bidder. I wonder what is going on with that?

Very impressed with Joyfreak, the moderators are mature
Having come from a forum heavy on censorship and constant interference not to mention bans handed to users who did not agree with the owner or anyone who won a debate against him, kind of says it all

Don't know about neoGaf so can't comment
Just an excuse for me to throw Big Footy in with this site if it's a poorly run one

I had somebody being a wanker towards me, so I opened up a can of whoop ass on that sun beach. Trolls are everywhere online. ?

I left GAF for Resetera (because I'm a liberal) then got banned there because I told them not everyone can afford Xbox consoles because of the whole MS/Activision deal. They went all right wing on me and freaked out when I told them I'm deaf and I have Cerebral Palsy lol. Now I'm figuring out which forum is better for me. Hence why I'm here.

Inappropriate language
Yeah. Just ignore these trolls. People like them and that Australian idiot I know called James Berich, have no life.

I had a jackass replying to me, and I soon put that sucker in his place. :p

His post is the second one. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was banned there for no reason at all. Quite a strange platform. I sat there for as long as I did, communicating. One day I come in and it says YOU WERE BANNED. Why? How? Why? I do not understand ...

Perhaps it's because you didn't shill, or say the things the other shills wanted to hear. They usually always have a pack like mentality. Users like that don't want anybody to "speak ill" of a game, or whatever, for fear of it hurting their "reputation" as a site, somehow.

It's more than likely the case.

I was banned there for no reason at all. Quite a strange platform. I sat there for as long as I did, communicating. One day I come in and it says YOU WERE BANNED. Why? How? Why? I do not understand ...
They hand out bans without any explanation, which I think is wrong but I guess they know they are not short of any members.

Another thing I hate, is this: I know tons of people who have smaller scale YouTube channels, but they are still people that speak the so-called truth, their opinions, or whatever you prefer to brand it as. But if you post their videos to any dope forum full of elitists, they then act as if a YouTuber with less than 100 subs has no "credibility" to speak of. They talk about all the big YouTubers like they are the gods of everything online. Yet I'm quite sure they're likely just paid shills, who are granted early access copies to plug stuff.

On forums, it's largely the same song and dance. People kiss up to a higher power. I do consider YouTube to be a kind of forum like any other public BBS anyway. After all, you're just expressing your views, and you may post comments underneath the darn video.

I got banned on Silent Hill Heaven about 2 years ago, because I talked about how RE7 was disappointing, and I said the RE Engine wasn't that great. One guy was getting stroppy with me. At the time, I told him to drop it. Then I got banned. That forum is run by somebody who is herself a shill. She blogs for some garbage gaming sites, and I'm sure she writes for NeoGAF as well or maybe GameSpot, so of course they're not gonna appreciate any honesty.

Another thing I hate, is this: I know tons of people who have smaller scale YouTube channels, but they are still people that speak the so-called truth, their opinions, or whatever you prefer to brand it as. But if you post their videos to any dope forum full of elitists, they then act as if a YouTuber with less than 100 subs has no "credibility" to speak of. They talk about all the big YouTubers like they are the gods of everything online. Yet I'm quite sure they're likely just paid shills, who are granted early access copies to plug stuff.

On forums, it's largely the same song and dance. People kiss up to a higher power. I do consider YouTube to be a kind of forum like any other public BBS anyway. After all, you're just expressing your views, and you may post comments underneath the darn video.

I got banned on Silent Hill Heaven about 2 years ago, because I talked about how RE7 was disappointing, and I said the RE Engine wasn't that great. One guy was getting stroppy with me. At the time, I told him to drop it. Then I got banned. That forum is run by somebody who is herself a shill. She blogs for some garbage gaming sites, and I'm sure she writes for NeoGAF as well or maybe GameSpot, so of course they're not gonna appreciate any honesty.
I'm reminded of what happened when The Rise of Skywalker came out. I was on millenniumfalcon.com (now defunct.) People on youtube started speaking out and was like how George Lucas was robbed of any creative say during the production of the movie then all the Elitist Star Wars fans started pushing back and piled on the Youtubers and saying all kind of nasty stuff about them, even going so far to say they have zero credibility. The gaming landscape and what it looks like now reminds me of that in 2019.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back