News Neil Druckmann undecided on The Last of Us 3 or a new IP for his next game

Tek

Trophies
In a huge interview article with GQ, Druckmann explains that, so close to the release of The Last of Us Part II, his thoughts have inevitably begun turning to the next project: "As you start wrapping things up, creatively there are fewer and fewer responsibilities and my mind can't help but think about the next thing. So yeah, the next thing could be a Part III, the next thing could be some new IP.”
Druckmann gives no indication as to which he prefers, with GQ paraphrasing his mindset as, "Ultimately, the best idea wins."
As if to reinforce the idea that any Last of Us sequel will focus on the same kinds of locations and characters, Druckmann adds that, if you were to wildly change setting or protagonists, “To me, at that point, you might as well just do a new IP.”

Full interview:

"So, should we make The Last of Us: Part III?"
"Eh, no. What about Nathan Drake or something? Neil?"
"Yes."
"Which one do you want to choose?"
"Yes."

- a conversation I envision in Naughty Dog's offices

"So, should we make The Last of Us: Part III?"
"Eh, no. What about Nathan Drake or something? Neil?"
"Yes."
"Which one do you want to choose?"
"Yes."

- a conversation I envision in Naughty Dog's offices
The Last of Uncharted!!

I'm just thinking about how that would work... would they just put Ellie in Uncharted, rework the parkour and combat mechanics, and go "Welp! That's that crossed off our list!"
I wonder if The Last of Us: Uncharted will ever get made. It definitely seems like a very interesting idea.

I won't say no to more sequels, even with different characters. Or bring back badass Bill! ?

I think they should make a new series of uncharted, the game is way too much fun to end.

I'm just thinking about how that would work... would they just put Ellie in Uncharted, rework the parkour and combat mechanics, and go "Welp! That's that crossed off our list!"
I wonder if The Last of Us: Uncharted will ever get made. It definitely seems like a very interesting idea.
Don't worry Neil we will tell you after playing TLOU2

I've never played any of the Uncharted games. But if they are like The Last of Us games, then I'll get around to it soon. ;)

They have to go with what they think is best for them at the moment. Trying to burn money in fan service wont be alwyas a good idea for them. They need to protect the brand and do things that keeps them going too. So it all comes down to their own decisions on that.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back