Need for Speed games are getting delisted

need-for-speed-delisted.jpg

Need for Speed titles will be delisted from digital stores, EA has proclaimed.

Starting May 31st 2021, Need for Speed Carbon, Need for Speed Undercover, Need for Speed Shift, Need for Speed Shift 2: Unleashed and Need for Speed The Run will be removed from digital storefronts and you will no longer be able to purchase them.
~Max_Joker, Community Manager.

Online services for those titles will cease to operate from 31 August 2021.

Decisions to retire games are never made easy, but we are now shifting gears to focus on the future of Need for Speed. The development teams and operational staff have put a lot of time and passion into the development, creation, release and upkeep of the game over the years, and we love to see you play.

What do you make of the above Need for Speed titles getting delisted?

Not a huge problem. I'm sure the people that want to play these games already own it

Yeah, I own these already, so for me not a big deal, plus the games are similar enough it's not a huge issue.

I hate that games are getting delisted. Yes they are old games, but still.

Carbon has an unobtainable achievement (X360) which was never fixed, and the multiplayer achievements are really glitchy.
The Run has an unobtainable trophy/achievement (PS3/X360) due to a security issue with the Autolog server.

..and I wasn't particularly a fan of Shift 1&2. I've previously done Undercover on X360 but may pick it up on PS3 and blast through it for the platinum, we'll see.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back