NBA 2K21 adds unskippable adverts into loading screens

nba-2k21-unskippable-adverts.jpg

NBA 2K21 adds unskippable adverts into pre-game loading screens, an outlet has confirmed.

2K has added adverts that now appear inside the PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC pre-game loading screens. They’re unskippable, attached to a pre-game video called "MyTEAM Season 2, Episode 7" that’s auto-started in a loading screen that takes longer than the adverts run.

Back in September, EA made a similar move in UFC 4, by adding in-game adverts to it's replays. Due to receiving negative feedback, the publisher had to quickly remove them.

At the time, EA said:
It is abundantly clear from your feedback that integrating ads into the Replay and overlay experience is not welcome. The advertisements have been disabled by the team and we apologize for any disruption to gameplay that players may have experienced.

Customers were annoyed that they were made to watch unskippable adverts after paying for a full-priced game. Perhaps, NBA 2K21 will charge players extra should they wish to play the current-gen title on next-gen devices.

NBA 2K21 is available on PS4, Xbox One, Switch, Stadia and Windows PC. It heads to Xbox Series X and Series S on 10 November, followed by PS5 on 12 November.

Yeah, let me make one thing clear, if a game ever came with ads you could not skip, I would return the game for a full refund.

LMAO. So they make this mistake once and fix it? And they still didn't learn their lesson? Wow

Ads, bad enough getting ads elsewhere than in a god damn game. And can't skip it LOL rip that. Expecting them not to get any money and or people buying this.

That's the problem with EA games though. People will keep buying it no matter what. I've seen too many people defend this on social media as well.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back