Video Game My years on fighting games.

rockpen23

This is THE decade for fighting games. There are lots of great games, but I would have to go with Street Fighter II (1991) and its variations. It may not be the best, but Street Fighter II was the one that started it all, and the true really legendary game here. I played Street Fighter II for the first time in 1991, and I had never seen something like it before. That was a game changer. Among all of them, I would have to go with the definitive version, Super Street Fighter II Turbo(1994) as my favorite in the whole decade. The other Capcom fighting games were also great, and I would have to mention at least the Darkstalkers (1994) series, and Marvel Super Heroes (1995).

Then there was Mortal Kombat (1992), with all its blood, and its sequel which I think it is even better, Mortal Kombat II (1993). Virtual Fighter (1993) was good, but not as good as Tekken (1994). The two best offerings from Namco would be Tekken 3 (1997) and Soul Calibur (1998), which are both really great. SNK games, although good, mostly paled in comparison to these offerings, but I think Samurai Showdown (1993) and The Last Blade (1997) series were among the best in the bunch. ;)

SteinerMath

I remember the Mortal Kombat games of old, I think I was in third or fourth grade when I first played them on a Sega MegaDrive 2 and it blew my mind. There was I, an innocent kid and seeing all that gory fatalities for the first time. It was a fun time practicing the fatalities of each character. The moveset and all fatalities, brutalities and friendships of each character were printed on the pamphlet on the box that the game came with. Fun times was definitely had! :)

Nova

For me Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter was the best start for my last decade. Now that games are evolved a lot. And things have changed a lot in this economy. I think the amount of game developers increasing due to paying customers is a good thing. And I think fighting games now have chance to release their new games.

I think mortal kombat along with similar 1 on 1 and multiplayer like say Injustice, they definitely have some chance to stay strong in the market.

Bravosi

I think classics like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter won't be outshined by anything new in the genre, tbh.

Nova

Street fighter never gets old. In fact mortal kombat and street fighter if they ever mix would be fun. And also marvel vs capcom seems to be a good option as well. They had a lot of fun games during that time. Never seen DC having that so they created injustice for their own game line.