"Most gamers are young adults who are boys" - True or false?

Alexander.

Trophies
An example of a stereotype I want to prove wrong to the community is "Most Gamers are Young Adults who are Boys"

Do you think this stereotype is true or false? Why or why not?

It used to be true. In past gaming was privilege and not easy to get into. Consoles are still expensive that many people may not afford. Stereotypes often have hint of reality in it. They are stereotypes in times when surrounding changes. But as of now things have changed for gaming with small cost games being accessible for all.

This isn't quite true nowadays according to various data reports, as "gamers" or anyone who plays games, is almost at 50/50 male-female ratio, because of the rise of the smartphones ? as a "gaming" device, that's why games are much more accessible to everyone nowadays, ?

An example of a stereotype I want to prove wrong to the community is "Most Gamers are Young Adults who are Boys"

Most gamers are of various ages, so that is false.

I do agree that this is a stereotype with no hint of truth to it. This is because gaming is more of an interest rather than a gender-based activity or hobby like say hunting. Girls are about as interested in gaming as guys are depending on exposure and availability of opportunities. Middle aged men and women also engage in gaming based on interests and exposure.

Not sure if there's any truth in that. Not all gamers are young boys or boys for that matter.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back