More Than 1 Million Steam Users Now Have A VR Headset

Maddox

Trophies
That may not sound like a lot. But comparing it to other currently niche items on the Hardware Survey shows PC VR is off to a great start.

In April 2019, Valve reported Steam reaching 90 million monthly active users. If we assume that figure has now grown to roughly 100 million, we can estimate the number of Steam users with a VR headset as roughly 1,070,000.
Over the next few months, Valve’s “flagship” AAA title Half-Life: Alyx, and its incredibly positive reception across the games industry, may be a primary driver of this growth- assuming Facebook & Valve can ramp up to produce enough headsets to meet demand. We won’t, however, see the effect of Alyx on PC VR usage until the next report in May, according to Valve.

Yes VR is the next generation of gaming but what I'm worried about is Microsoft still has not released their VR headset. It's such a shame too. It was actually going to be an AR headset (augmented reality) but they are slow to the punch on this. Why that is concerns me as playstation already has one but I bet it's because they plan on releasing it with the Xbox Series X which excited me. Halo:Infinite has me too excited and if it will have VR capabilities as well.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back