Do free to play games have more cheaters?

Gopnik

Trophies
Do you think that if a game is free to play it would have more cheaters which will ruin the game experience for other players?

Well, I think yes. I'm an active CS:GO player and before Valve decided to make it free for everyone there were smaller amount of cheaters but still a lot. And after that update, I meet at least 1 cheater every 3 or 4 competitive matches which I play. And I'm with a high trust factor in the game and a high competitive rank, I don't want to imagine what is happening in the lower ranks, lol.

They don't lose anything if they get banned. The game is free, they can just make a new account in 5 minutes.

To a degree I'd agree but I suppose it depends on the game as to whether it gets cheaters or not really. Like in Runescape there was a potential wayback-when to secure large amounts of real life money from 'cheating' in game and so that drove a massive botting empire - and even made me a few quid in the process - but I think cheaters are just part and parcel really. I don't see the joy in cheating in games like CSGO, APEX or PUBG for example unless you like watching a screen auto-headshot people or whatever though.

There does need to be more deterrents against those who do engage in cheating but I suppose it's nearly just as easy to get around those measures as well nowadays. HWID bans seem to be the most efficient manner of stopping them dead.

I think cheaters appear in the paid and free games the same way. It's just that cheaters make bots on free games lot easily. And in such case it's better to limit them on some platforms and tournaments. That's what most of the League of Legends server owners do.

Most cheaters seem to be people living in their parents basement, so they tend to not have as much money.

Yes, i think so, most of the free games are full of cheaters and hackers who try to manipulate the game play for their benefits. Even PUBG mobile contain a hell lot of hackers. But they are continuously blocking such players. But the point here is if a big company is also not able to protect it's game from hackers then you can imagine of small companies OR individual developers. i play battle royale games mostly like COD, PUBG, ScarFall, Dead Cry. but i found most hackers in PUBG only. Scarfall also seems prone to them but the good thing about it is that if you try to hack it the game will become unstable and won'r run properly.

If the game is run by a company that can afford an anti chat then it's possible for them to fight hackers. if not the game just gonna be full of cheaters.

Well, the chinese giant Tencent is behind PUBG, so there is nothing like they cant afford an anti-cheat. They have resources to develop custom anti-cheat, they need to implement banking level security then only hackers will stop.

Well, the chinese giant Tencent is behind PUBG, so there is nothing like they cant afford an anti-cheat. They have resources to develop custom anti-cheat, they need to implement banking level security then only hackers will stop.
i feel like chineese companies don't care about hackers lol you can see it clearly on their bans. imagine if tencent bought epic games that would be a big yikes.

lol, eagerly waiting for that day when tencent buys epic games, WIN WIN for hackers and players... :geek:

There seems to be a lot of PUBG and Fortnite cheaters who spot the people to aim for. I think you may see that many such team fight games easy to cheat these days.

There seems to be a lot of PUBG and Fortnite cheaters who spot the people to aim for. I think you may see that many such team fight games easy to cheat these days.
I have seen just 5-6 cheaters in total in PUBG which is quite good compared to other games. And also, when you report them they get banned within 30 minutes or maximum of a few hours. I would say that it's pretty playable.

I think there are people who make use of the cracks. Like say cracks that speed you up and show you where the enemies are. So those type of crackers are not worth playing with.

cracks that speed you up and show you where the enemies are

True. It's so annoying when you come across a hacker, because it's never a fair fight.

xenonVirus. Anticheat is getting better, but hackers come up with new techniques constantly.

They are not hacker per se. Hacker is someone who practically modifies the game. These guys are more of cheaters and cracker.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back