News Monster Hunter Rise is missing an ending at launch

Miles

Trophies
monster_hunter_rise_032321.jpg

Only a brief cutscene plays when you beat both Elder Dragons. It serves to establish that this is not the end of the story. From there on out, every NPC describes how you’ll need to face some new, mysterious foe soon. You’re even told what’s causing this upcoming monster to, ahem, rise. Except no objective markers, which up to that point always appear at the top of the screen, indicate what to do about it. Neither do any credits play. Everyone keeps on talking about some big, looming danger. You just have nowhere to go and nothing to do about it.
It wasn’t until about 65 hours into my save that I saw a single line from a developer Q&A hinting at the situation. Director Yasunori Ichinose, who I also interviewed recently, mentions very early in the video that the game’s second Title Update will include “the conclusion to the story.” Many players took this to mean an epilogue. Having seen the full game now, it doesn’t feel that way. Instead the game feels unfinished. By Monster Hunter standards, of course.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back