Discussion Mixer Merging with Facebook

Nova

Trophies
Mixer is going to shut down. And considering Microsoft is in talks with facebook on cloud. I think they closed their competiting product and joined hands wiht the facebook gaming section.

Mixer was a good place, not much of THOTs and SJWs infestation there. I guess that could be one reason they had less visitors and considering new generation favors thots and SJWs. I can understand why they closed.

Verge news is here: Microsoft is shutting down Mixer and partnering with Facebook Gaming

I read about it, and so far they talking about the top mixer streamers more than anyone else. How much money and what will happen to them. Doesn't talk about what other small streamers will do. I think the most will move to twitch or go back to twitch. Facebook as so many copyright issues and rules to obey and it's crazy. Not to mention FB streaming services aren't gaming related and anyone can stream whatever they want.

I have used Mixer and I do like it with 300 followers but glad that I was not that active on mixer and stick with twitch.

Free to stream on twitch again LOL

Ninja and Shroud must be so happy. They got paid a huge amount and now can go back to Twitch freely. Not too sure about this Facebook thing though. A lot of people don't trust them

Easily one of MS's most epic fails, and then people like Ninja and Shroud just walk away with huge lump sums of money. Some people have all the luck.

Ninja and Shroud must be so happy. They got paid a huge amount and now can go back to Twitch freely. Not too sure about this Facebook thing though. A lot of people don't trust them
He has to make a new account on twitch, when he left twitch they deleted his account and everything with it. And so I do not know if he will return. If he does get back to Twitch he will get back all his subs and followers in no time LOL

Damn, that guy makes so much money.

I think we'll find that most will probably move over to Twitch now. Facebook gaming is a bit dead.

I didn't realise they actually deleted it lmao. I thought they deactivate it or something. He will easily get those followers back so its not a huge problem I guess.

Honestly, unless Twitch does something stupid, I don't see the service ever going under or being beaten.

Well Ninja and Shroud both got paid and also they can move to the facebook gaming which they were eventually be moving any way. And the thing is that considering microsoft wants to own the server side infra. Facebook has no issues being the snake on the content monetization.

Honestly, unless Twitch does something stupid, I don't see the service ever going under or being beaten.
Definitely agree. A lot of companies can try as much as they want but as an already established platform, I don't see anyone coming too near to Twitch at the moment.

I didn't realise they actually deleted it lmao. I thought they deactivate it or something. He will easily get those followers back so its not a huge problem I guess.
Twitch wasn't happy that's why they did what they did but now they wish they didn't it seems they might try and get him back then again Ninja said that he's now free and can do and go wherever he wants. Maybe he will play other games now lol

I think the real issue for the twitch would be if the facebook becomes better platform, then the twitch is as good as dead.Because facebook being social network it has more users than the twitch alone. So Itd be something they want to work on or else they could be next mixer.

There is no way that Facebook overtakes Twitch in my opinion. Too many people don't trust Facebook as a platform and its hard for them to gain that trust again. Twitch is well established and will be almost impossible to overtake.

There is no way that Facebook overtakes Twitch in my opinion. Too many people don't trust Facebook as a platform and its hard for them to gain that trust again. Twitch is well established and will be almost impossible to overtake.

Not only is Twitch the de facto streaming platform for games now, it being owned by Amazon gives it a particular leverage I don't think Facebook would ever be able to match.

On Mixer, I liked it just fine. I would browse through some channels on occasion after I purchased my first Xbox ever, the One S. I liked the kind of minimalist format and the streaming quality was acceptable, there just wasn't many streamers and I lost interest. In years since it feels like Microsoft hasn't provided proper capacity, either through rapid resizing within Azure as needed or whatever, because some of the larger broadcasts for things like major gaming events buckled.

True. And I completely forgot about the Amazon Twitch connection especially with Twitch Prime now being a good offering for many gamers. I got quite a lot of good stuff in games like GTA Online because of it

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back